cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Service in the U.S.

ben_miskin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anybody had problems using your phone in Florida

I have the U.S./Canada Plan and the only reason I got it was to be able to use my phone in the states.

Every feature works but the ability to make telephone calls

Public Mobile told me they cannot guarantee service in the U.S.

Not happy with that answer.

Does anybody have a solution

6 REPLIES 6

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

They told you correct. Service in USA is hot and miss. Some are lucky to have it, some not.

Connect to AT&T and T-Mobile and hope for the best.

I'm sure they know perfectly well. But they successfully roped you into the roaming plan didn't they. My guess now is that your phone has dropped to 2G GSM for calls. A problem might arise that when you go to a different area that it won't drop but would work if you drop manually.
What make and model of phone? There are ways to verify whether the phone is using volte or 2G GSM (or UMTS in Canada).

ben_miskin

I connected to T-Mobile instead of AT & T and it now works

How come Public Mobile does not know that

Thank you

ben_miskin

Will try the Volp app

Have done all the other things and did not work

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ben_miskin , what phone are you using.  My guess is that your phone has not been whitelisted for VoLTE service.  Try manually connecting to T-Mobile.  You might luck out with phone calls if there is 2G service where you are situated.  Otherwise, phone calls will not work unfortunately.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ben_miskin 

telephone calls because of 2G or VoLTE

Make sure VoLTE is turned on your phone, try connect both AT&T and T-Mobile and see if it works

if that does not help, try to connect T-Mobile first and see if the phone connects to 2G and phone works, if not, change the network mode to 2G while on T-Mobile and check agian

if still not, download TextNow, a VoIP app, and use it to make calls for free with data or Wifi

Need Help? Let's chat.