cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOOK WRONG PLAN

cooltrucker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IM NEW HERE JUST REGISTERD MY SIM CARD AND PUT TOGETHER MY OWN PLAN OF 60 DOLLARS A MONTH AND THOUGHT PHONE CALLING AND TEXTING WAS INCLUDED BUT ITS NOT SO I CANT USE MY PHONE TRY TO CHANGE MY PLAN BUT THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR THAT NEW PLAN INSTED OF DEDUCTING IT FROM THE 60 DOLLAR PAYMENT I JUST MADE FOR WRONG PLAN CAN I DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS 

17 REPLIES 17

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

help is on the way 🙂 @srlawren

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

@cooltrucker, I should explain a couple of things if I have interpreted all the back and forths correctly.  It looks like you did end up paying for a plan that you selected incorrectly.  Because this prepaid service offers no refunds, any immediate plan changes ahead of the renewal date will result in the original paid plan being forfeited. To prevent having to pay twice right away, you should contact the moderator team and explain your situation.  They are very fair about these kind of things and they will set you up with the proper plan for you without you having to pay a second time.

Also you selected a large data bucket on concerns of overage charges.  Again, this is a prepaid service, there are no overage charges.  If you end up using up all the data in a plan prior to the renewal day, you simply will have no more data to use until renewal.  In situations like this, many customers opt to early renew their plan to restore data instead of going without.  That said, your best strategy is to estimate data usage and buy what you need.  There is no point in paying for something you will never use.  Err on the side of possibly using up the data periodically and use early renewal to cover the odd instances where it might be needed.  Don't make early renewal a habit as it is not cost effective as a routine.

Send a private message to the moderator team and good luck with getting your plan selection corrected.  Of course, welcome to the service.

@will13am this is one of the best explanations of these relatively complex topics I've seen yet.  Great job!

@Mary_M glad to hear help is coming (or maybe has already come, by now).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @cooltrucker,

thanks for getting in touch with us !

Rest assured that we have received your private message - one of our mods will get back to you shortly, you're in good hands 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@cooltrucker i misread one of your posts.  your desired plan actually costs less than the plan you purchased).  Usually when the wrong plan is selected (ie no talk) the new plan costs more, hence the suggestion of adding funds to cover the difference between the two plans.

As a stop gap you could get a fongo account for voip calling.

Again sorry for any fustratuions i may have caused.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cooltrucker, I should explain a couple of things if I have interpreted all the back and forths correctly.  It looks like you did end up paying for a plan that you selected incorrectly.  Because this prepaid service offers no refunds, any immediate plan changes ahead of the renewal date will result in the original paid plan being forfeited. To prevent having to pay twice right away, you should contact the moderator team and explain your situation.  They are very fair about these kind of things and they will set you up with the proper plan for you without you having to pay a second time.

Also you selected a large data bucket on concerns of overage charges.  Again, this is a prepaid service, there are no overage charges.  If you end up using up all the data in a plan prior to the renewal day, you simply will have no more data to use until renewal.  In situations like this, many customers opt to early renew their plan to restore data instead of going without.  That said, your best strategy is to estimate data usage and buy what you need.  There is no point in paying for something you will never use.  Err on the side of possibly using up the data periodically and use early renewal to cover the odd instances where it might be needed.  Don't make early renewal a habit as it is not cost effective as a routine.

Send a private message to the moderator team and good luck with getting your plan selection corrected.  Of course, welcome to the service.

cooltrucker

how would that work the new plan is 2 dollars less then the the 60 dollars i paid for wrong plan i should not have to put any amount in

mimmo

@cooltrucker  sorry for the incomplete instructions  you have to select other in payment type.

Untitled.jpg

cooltrucker

that does me no good it wants the 58 dollars of my new plan,on top of the 60 dollars i just paid for wrong plan

mimmo

Click on payments then select a one time payment 

cooltrucker

It wont let me it wants me to pay the full amount of the new plan i want which is less then the wrong plan i choosed it tells me to sd money to my balance

mimmo

@cooltrucker  that sounds right. 

So  to make things go faster tomorrow I would add the difference of the plan you activated and the plan you wanted. that way the mods can activate the plan for you without asking for funds.

cooltrucker

balance shows me 2 dollars

mimmo

@cooltrucker you could have also run into an activation issue. ( nyou selected teh correct items and teh portal gave you something different)

out of curosity what does your available balance show ?  it should be $0

cooltrucker

i took the 5 GB 4 G LTE SPEED

cooltrucker

i wanted to make sure i didnt get charged for going over my limit so i made my own plan wich i screwed up,i should of went with ready made plan live and learn i guess,

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@cooltrucker out of curiousity how did you build the 60 dollars plan, what did you select by mistake ?

Were you aware of the ready made plans and why didn't you use them . 

mimmo

hey @cooltrucker welcome. don't worry the mods will take care of you.  probably in teh morning as office hour are closing.

s

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

end them a message with the plan details you want. and what happened.

Need Help? Let's chat.