cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance?

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was trying to activate a new account for my father in law.  Got to the end and it hung.  Now it says system is down for maintenance. Anyone know when it will come back up? 

8 REPLIES 8

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello @McLaren , @Martin , @NDesai

@7789849803 is right, for maintenance windows there's no real reason we can't identify these to everyone ahead of time. In the case over the weekend, the system was down for maintenance that was not directly related to Public Mobile's activation or self-serve portals, but a side effect of the maintenance was that the Public Mobile portals displayed the maintenance window page.

Apologies to all where this created an inconvenience.

Here at Public Mobile we are looking at our internal communications to make sure that we provide notifications of upcoming maintenance windows. Again, apologies for the disruption over the weekend.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Lest there be any confusion, I was referencing downtime during the wee hours, namely, 3 am to 4 am. I made no mention of afternoons.

FYI.

With all due respect to everyone else, it is simply not true that a company this size cannot account for, and forewarn its customers of, any maintenance activity that will be taking place over the span of several hours during an afternoon.

I quite literally know of thousands of 2 & 3-person startups working out of the equivalent of a garage somewhere that offer service that is significantly more reliable than what is being meted out to PM customers currently. So any attempts at justifying what is happening here is hard for me to see as anything other than a hollow excuse. There's just absolutely no reasonable explanation to be offered here - sorry!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Aside from major scheduled downtimes, which are announced on the Announcements board, they also occur, from time to time, in the wee hours (ET) of the morning. Due to their relative infrequency and randomness, it's unlikely that PM will or can announce them in advance.

FYI.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems to be back up now.  

It didn't disappear. Was just made not sticky. Here it is: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Maintenance-Jan-9th-10th/td-p/406...

AFAIK, there's not been any post warning about scheduled downtime this weekend.

There was a post saying there will be mainatance but not sure where that post dissappered.

Mayor / Maire

Wow - you're right! This was not announced - seems to be unscheduled downtime. No idea when it'll be back up.

Perhaps @David_J can respond eventually and let us know what happened, and if we should be expecting it to happen again sometime.

Need Help? Let's chat.