cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching public mobile plans

Kirisana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched my plan this morning it was the first day the plan started (Started on Nov. 14 and it is Nov. 14 at 8:48AM)..

So i accidently got the $20 plan instead of the $30 plan I wanted. I had to top up in order to switch it and am on autopay, I was wondering if there was any way I would just pay the difference (so just the $10) or get refunded for the $20 and then pay the $30 when I need to. 

I just do not want to paying $50 this month for a $30 phone plan. 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

@stonechucker wrote:

@Kirisana@srlawren, my apologies, I misread the post, and I ask forgiveness for my lecture.

Forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Kirisana

@stonechucker No worries!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker I've had my share of misread posts as well, it happens.  All good on my part.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Kirisana@srlawren, my apologies, I misread the post, and I ask forgiveness for my lecture.

Kirisana

@stonechucker

@srlawren is right, this is exactly what I meant. I understand that I should have double checked and for sure take responsiblity for my mistake. But as @srlawren mentioned, I could do without the lecture 🙂 

srlawren

@stonechucker I think you misunderstood the original post.

I think @Kirisana said they changed to the wrong plan ($20) and wanted to know if they can now pay the difference (+$10) and switch again to the correct one ($30).  They are not saying they did an immediate plan change and want a refund for the unused portion of the cylce that would have gotten cancelled in the process.  If anything, they're looking for a way to avoid that by seeing if there's a way to upgrade the plan by paying the difference.  The previous responders have noted that they only way to do so is via moderator intervention, which is the correct course of action.  A lecture on how the plan changes works was not required.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Kirisana, I'm sorry you've had this happen, but if you stopped to read the warning messages, you would have seen you would be paying immediately the full price if you continued the process.

There WAS another button, to cancel the process, and allow you to now future date the plan change (you could have done this prior to yesterday) and it would change for you on your next renewal.

Maybe the moderators will allow you to have this change, however, all transactions on plans must be done prior to any 'temporary' suspension of services.  As you only pay for the next 30/90-days at a time, your contract doesn't exist until you pay for it.

Anything you wish to change about your plan must be done during the 30 or 90-day cycle is active.

Kirisana

Thanks for letting me know!

Kirisana

@Anonymous thank you! 

mimmo

@Kirisana  do as stated above but expect a reply in 3-4 days.  there is a big backlog at the moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kirisana wrote:

I just switched my plan this morning it was the first day the plan started (Started on Nov. 14 and it is Nov. 14 at 8:48AM)..

So i accidently got the $20 plan instead of the $30 plan I wanted. I had to top up in order to switch it and am on autopay, I was wondering if there was any way I would just pay the difference (so just the $10) or get refunded for the $20 and then pay the $30 when I need to. 

I just do not want to paying $50 this month for a $30 phone plan. 

Thanks!

You did what's called an immediate plan change.

Being so shortly after the mistake, the mods have been known to switch plans. Put the extra $10 in your account and send them a private message here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.