cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching providers

Haleigh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched my phone plan from Koodo to Public and transferred my number over. I got an SMS from my old phone that I would get an email to confirm the switch, but that was last night and I still haven't gotten an email or any more updates. I went online and talked to the SIMon which said that the switch could take up to 2 hours for a mobile phone. It's has been over 12 hours since I made the switch and now I can't text on my new phone or old one as the switch has not gone through. how do I fix this?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I think I can understand how it got rolling. Thank you. I very rarely get pm's while in a thread.

I used to get a few pm's out of the blue. I would helpfully help them and then they'd be gone without a word as we so often see here in the open. Could I get a thanks you ingrate? This happened too frequently so I stopped. Thereafter I tell people to post in the forum. And for some strange reason I don't anymore. hmm...that does seem odd now that I'm typing this.

But yes just recently someone did say something to me in pm while in a thread.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous   I wasn't trying to do it the back channel.  It was a private message about porting team phone number (as you know PM never likes us posting here.. i don't mind if PM allows).. and then OP starts reply and tell me what happen.    Honest, if they reply private message, I would reply .. i find it odds to tell others "No, I won't answer privately"

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Sometimes giving private advice is necessary to avoid revealing specific verification steps or to give advice that may offend some members because it doesnt necessarily follow their version of pm policy. That doesn't seem to be the case here but you know what I'm talking about.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why I'm bothered about people going backchannel to help customers. It's all out of whack and one thing leads to another and then a post is made to fit. Seems ... wrong. But what do I know.

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haleigh1 : Did the porting department tell you that? The solution chosen doesn't match the solution.

@Anonymous   Just to clarify,  I sent OP the number to porting team.   Porting team confirmed that the porting was done.  Then  OP has been messaging me back and forth for other troubleshooting.    It is an LG phone,  I asked him to tried network reset and ended up with the ultimate success.. Factory reset.. 

In this scenario, the customer said that the issue was that text messaging couldn't be sent from the Koodo service, nor from the Public Mobile service (and least form my interpretation).  Something such as this isn't a number porting issue and the Telus porting team can't help with something such as that.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Haleigh1 : Did the porting department tell you that? The solution chosen doesn't match the solution.

@Anonymous   Just to clarify,  I sent OP the number to porting team.   Porting team confirmed that the porting was done.  Then  OP has been messaging me back and forth for other troubleshooting.    It is an LG phone,  I asked him to tried network reset and ended up with the ultimate success.. Factory reset.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Haleigh1  , as explained earlier with you via private message, LG phone is slightly trickier when changing provider.    Sometimes a Network reset is all required, but in your case a factory reset is the only solution

Glad all works out.  and now you can enjoy the beautiful service  🙂

Haleigh1

Figured it out! Had to do a factory reset. Thanks @softech !

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haleigh1 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

@Haleigh1   You called the number I sent you ?  What did they say?

I am wondering if it is because it was a bit late last night and hence the porting will be done this morning instead

Call the number, it's live support and they can provide you with the porting status

Haleigh1

I did get the SMS and replied Yes right away. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Haleigh1   did you got an SMS from Koodo and reply YES to authenticate the transfer?   You should do that within 90 mins after getting the SMS

No worry, there is a number to confirm the porting status, I will message you.  Please check the Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

Need Help? Let's chat.