cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching phones

Phil1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have set up a new account with an esim, but I can see online that PM does not appear to support moving the esim from one phone to another like you can with a hard sim, unless you buy a new esim each time you want to change phones? If that is not the case please let me know! That said, the only logical solution seems to be to buy a new hard sim through the app to replace the esim. It is not clear if the hard sim will be automatically programmed with the phone number currently on the esim, or if there is some porting procedure required? Porting in to PM from another provider is already tricky if you are using the same phone, so \i can just imagine the issues if I were to try and port from PM to PM using the same phone to switch esim to hard sim. Can anybody clarify the best way to take care of this? Is there a store that would be able to do this...last time I went to Teluus they said they can't help with PM accounts!

4 REPLIES 4

Phil1313

Just to confirm, if I input the new sim number my account will still keep my original phone number? I don't want to change my phone number only the esim to hard sim.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should do it after.

Phil1313

Makes sense, do I put the new sim in the phone before changing the sim number in my profile or after?

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Phil1313 
You can order a physical SIM via Amazon for 5 bucks or you can get one at your nearest Telus/Koodo or other partner stores for 10 bucks. Use this tool to find stores near you.
https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/pick-up-SIM
Once you have your physical SIM, go to the "Profile" page in your self-serve account, then change your SIM Card number by clicking the pencil icon.
image_2023-11-15_111454268.png

Abheer_1-1700068511369.png

Need Help? Let's chat.