cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching account to another provider, need Public Mobile to release my number

emilycecile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After being locked out of my online Public Mobile account and trying multiple times with customer service agents to regain access (with no success), I decided to switch providers. I want to switch the number I used with Public Mobile to the new provider however, because I cannot access my online PM account, I do not have my PM account number so I need to find out my account number or I need someone from Public Mobile to authorize the transfer of my old number manually. Is there some other way I find out my PM account number? Or can someone at Public Mobile manually release my number for me? Thank you!

22 REPLIES 22

@emilycecile wrote:

Oh yeah, I signed up in 2019 and yes, my account number was visible in the "to" section of my confirmation email.

@emilycecile , well that was awesome & incredibly easy! I didn’t even realize that our account # was there either & I’ve been here since 2019 also! 😊 

Sorry you are leaving 😞 

@emilycecile wrote:

Oh yeah, I signed up in 2019 and yes, my account number was visible in the "to" section of my confirmation email.

HI @emilycecile 

so, is your account active? do you still have PM service now?

Thank you...as he goes off mumbling to himself that it's still unclear whether the full account number is there on recent sign ups. 🙂

emilycecile

You're most welcome. Can you tell me how long ago you signed up? And if you saw all the digits where I pointed out? The 1 and the bunch of zeroes etc?
Sorry to see you go.

emilycecile

I wrote another response to dust2dust but it appears to have disappeared. I wanted to say thanks, it worked! I'm sad to leave PM, especially after all the work I put in to gain access to online account (worked with multiple CS agents since July, called Telus, etc.) that was ultimately unsuccessful, but I'm glad I can at least keep my number!

@emilycecile wrote:

Yes, I was able to reactivate by adding funds to my account by going and buying a voucher in a store. The credit card I had on file had expired so that was why I wasn't just topping it up with my credit card on file.

@emilycecile , thank you for the update. I was worried 🙂

emilycecile

Yes, I was able to reactivate by adding funds to my account by going and buying a voucher in a store. The credit card I had on file had expired so that was why I wasn't just topping it up with my credit card on file.

@emilycecile wrote:

Unfortunately, my account is no longer active as of yesterday, so these methods won't work for me anymore. The new provider told me I need my account number or for PM to release the number.

@emilycecile , I see you posted this messages 3 weeks ago were you able to add funds to your account so you can reactivate it so you can port your phone number out of Public Mobile?

How long ago did you sign up? I was recently trying to get another regular to find that number in their welcome email from recent sign ups but they were hinting at the possibility that they could only see 4 digits.

emilycecile

Oh wow, amazing! The number in the "to" area is my account number? It's there!!! I think you might've just saved my day!!! I'll try that. Thanks so much! I'll come back later to confirm if it works for me.

It used to be kind of embedded in the to area. Are you able to see all the technical headers or source of the email? Then scroll down to the To: line? It used to look like this:

From: "Public Mobile" <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
To: "1000000#######" <myemailaddress>
Date: date I signed up
Subject: Your Public Mobile Activation Details

emilycecile

I have the email but unfortunately, the account number is not included in it.

Do you still have your welcome email from here from when you signed up? You might find your account number embedded in the to area in the source or headers of the email.

Adding - whoa, a few weeks later. I said the same thing almost word for word. 🙂

emilycecile

Can a customer service agent please reach out to me?

Unfortunately, after many hours trying to get my phone number properly connected to my online account since PM switched online systems, I still cannot access my account. Due to this, I have had to switch to a new provider. I want to transfer my PM phone number and I need my account number to do so, but I don't know what my account number is because I cannot access my information online. I need someone from PM to let me know what my account number is. Thanks!

If you still have your welcome email from here from when you signed up then you might find it embedded in the to area in the email source or headers. But I'm not yet convinced that it shows all the numbers now. It used to.

@emilycecile 
Just continue service for another month with PM by dialing 611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC and make a payment then port out on the 28 or 29th day.

@emilycecile @In this case you need to make payment and resume your PM services to keep the number to port out . 

adding the only other way possibly is if the new provider is Telus or Koodo and the number originated with telus family could they maybe help  without having to resume PM service  to keep your number @emilycecile 

emilycecile

Unfortunately, my account is no longer active as of yesterday, so these methods won't work for me anymore. The new provider told me I need my account number or for PM to release the number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@emilycecile 

To successfully port out to another carrier, you PM account must be active.

Your new carrier can port you out by using the IMEI number of the phone then you need to reply to the text with YES with the PM SIM in your phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@emilycecile  Get support to help you get the account number making sure your PM account is still active . You need to start the port with new provider and reply YES to PM text to confirm by replying YES to it . Also note you can port your number out with just the phones IMEI also 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will have to reach out to customer service for help. 

The below link will allow you to private message a customer support agent directly in order to get a response

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in. 

We are customers also so we unfortunately cannot get your account info for you. 

Need Help? Let's chat.