cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to promotional plans

Wadder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've always found PM to have a very reliable service, but I'm diappointed with the change in rewards and have started looking at other providers. Would it be possible to switch to the $21/month 4G plan that is currently being promoted? It's not listed in my account, but it would be fair to offer it to subscribers as well. That would be enough to convince me to stay. We're going to be taking a hit with the change in rewards already, and the bonus data isn't an enticement. 

9 REPLIES 9

HI @Wadder 

so, you have a $29 plan now?  how much friend referrals you have ? remember you still get the same friend referrral rewards but just in points

would you consider the $29 plan, but $25 if you choose 90 days subscription?  depends how many friend referrals you have , it might be cheapter than $25 after you consider the referrals

Wadder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This was my first time posting to the community, thanks for all the advice. I've messaged CS about this but am doubtful it will change anything. I'm hoping to avoid the back and forth of porting because then I'd have to do that for my whole family. It may just end up being a switch - Freedom has a one year prepaid plan that works out to $10/mth that fits the bill, just worried about signal quality. If it has to be a port it'll likely be Freedom for a month, using it to test for long term viability.

With the help of the old rewards I'm currently paying $13/mth. Asking me to jump to $29 and telling me it's a good deal is a pill that is really hard to swallow. 

Thanks everyone! 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Just port out to Lucky Mobile and then port back as a new customer. Loyalty isn't worth much now that the legacy rewards are gone anyway.

GadgetGuy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently on the $15/mo plan and requested the $21/mo plan from a CSA and the person responded that it's for new activations only. 

GRR

I meant to change to the 21$ plan. The phone is already on the 29$ plan

@GRR wrote:

@Wadder I contacted them last night to see if I could change one of my 29$ plan to it because she only uses a Gb a month now and they said no. I said she would port out to a different provider next month when it goes to the new points system.  They said to watch the 21$ plan Incase they take off the new activations only but that he couldn't manually change it

No need to ask a CSA to change to the $29 plan.  That plan is available to all. You can make the change yourself in the account.

GRR

@Wadder I contacted them last night to see if I could change one of my 29$ plan to it because she only uses a Gb a month now and they said no. I said she would port out to a different provider next month when it goes to the new points system.  They said to watch the 21$ plan Incase they take off the new activations only but that he couldn't manually change it

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Wadder wrote:

I've always found PM to have a very reliable service, but I'm diappointed with the change in rewards and have started looking at other providers. Would it be possible to switch to the $21/month 4G plan that is currently being promoted? It's not listed in my account, but it would be fair to offer it to subscribers as well. That would be enough to convince me to stay. We're going to be taking a hit with the change in rewards already, and the bonus data isn't an enticement. 

The $21 plan is only for new customers.  Are you on a $13 or $15 plan? CSAs might allow a plan upgrade but probably say no for downgradees.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If the plan doesn't display in your own self-serve account, @Wadder , then it's unavailable to switch to.

Bear in mind, we're just other customers like you so we can't make 'exceptions' for you.

To ask their employees, follow this process.   Be polite and if you're convincing enough they might comply with this request.   Be aware that YMMV depending on who you reach.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.