cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to eSim

Lauchlie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all!

Question: I have a physical SIM card with Public and as I travel a lot, I wanted to switch to an eSim so I don't always have to pop the cards in and out when I'm somewhere else. Does anyone know how to go about this? I want to keep my same number with Public. And if this IS possible, is there a cost? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@funpig1 wow, that almost exactly what I Suggested almost 3 hours earlier.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would keep the existing PM sim.  Save $5.  And you can easily pop the sim into a new phone if you replace your existing phone. It is easier and usually cheaper to buy travel esims online rather than deal with travel sims.

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why not use your eSIM for the roaming travel? It would be easier to change that ease him rather than popping in a new SIM card for each time you go. And you keep your public mobile on your current SIM card slot until you decide to switch your main provider.

Lauchlie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, and can I apply my same phone number to that eSim?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Lauchlie 

You can purchase an eSIM through public mobile. Just know that there's a 50/50 chance it won't work or you'll need to purchase a second one down the line if your phone messes it up or accidently delete it.

Log into your account online. Then go to Subscription and Addons. Shop SIM Card. To shop a SIM card please click below. There you will find this.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716134739929.png

Need Help? Let's chat.