cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch existing plan

rtabassum1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I switch existing plan to boxing day offered plan?

13 REPLIES 13

@Gstar  your rewards  will stay the same , there tied to your account not your plan . So go ahead and change to whatever plan you like . Just remember to change plan for next renewal and not immediately to avoid losing money  on your current cycle 

@Gstar all rewards will carry over with new plan.

Gstar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Piggybacking this question:  if I have refer a friend points each month, will those carry over if I switch subscription plan, or do they reset?

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rtabassum1 Don't lose hope! Like we saw with Black Friday, Public Mobile used to switch up their promotions in order to react to the competition's pricing. Check back on your account's plans to see if there are new plans offered from now until Boxing day. Maybe we'll be in for a surprise?! Happy holidays to you as well!

rtabassum1

I guess knowing and catering for the requirements of new customer based on market expectation and ignoring existing customers just provide a reason to look elsewhere for better options. Anyway Andy, thank for your help. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Holidays.

Andy85

Hi @rtabassum1,

That was a pretty attractive plan. The main issue is partially that the $24/4GB plan is only available to new clients and also the fact that the current $25/1GB is not up to the market standards anymore. You can get better deals elsewhere for $25 nowadays. 

If you live in Quebec, there is currently a $26/3gb promotion for existing clients. That might be an option (if you live in QC)

hi @rtabassum1  

unfortunately, as the plan page shows, this is a plan for new activation only and not available for existing subscribers

But keep an eye on your My Account and text.  PM has offer those "new ativation" plan briefly for existing customers before, and they also send text for even better deals to customers too.  

@rtabassum1  That’s not true , but seems like it this time around the 40GB for $34 was offered to existing customers this past Black Friday 

Handy1_0-1703285008778.png

rtabassum1

Thanks Andy,  I have gone through the subscription process and PM is not offering the 4GB for $24 boxing day deals to existing customers, though other upgraded plans with higher monthly charges are there to choose from. I guess being a loyal customer doesn't merit for anything anymore.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rtabassum1 

indeed the current suite of plan offerings seem to be targeted toward new customers and not existing customers. 😒

With that, I still believe Public Mobile will enhance some offerings to existing customers in the next week or so.

Just check your plan choices on your self-serve account every day to see if there are any selections that are better than the one you have now.  And as others have correctly noted, make sure to schedule the change for your next renewal, not on an immediate basis as there are no prorations of plans, nor refunds of existing cycles when you move to a different plan on an immediate basis.

Andy85

Hi @rtabassum1,

It depends on which plan you are referring to. Most of the really good Boxing day plans are targeted to new clients only. For example: 

Andy85_0-1703283246556.png

There are some other plans that might interest you though and you can switch your current plan for a new one. 

To avoid losing your money on the previous plan you purchased, you can change your plan to the one you prefer, but choose the option for “Change on Renewal”. This will ensure that you don’t miss out on the good deal and do not lose the remaining days left on your current billing cycle on your current plan.

The steps to take are as follows after logging into your account:

Step 1: click on Subscriptions and Add-ons

Step 2: click on Change Subscription

Andy85_1-1703283331835.png

Step 3: Select the plan of your choice and click on Change on Renewal

Andy85_2-1703283331840.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rtabassum1  Only is the plan you want is not for new activations only , what plan do you want and remember when changing plans it best to change on next renewal so you don’t lose money on your current cycle . pM is pre paid and no refunds or prorating 

Change plan in 3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1703282695526.jpeg

Once you find plan you want be sure to (change on renewal )So you don’t lose money on current cycle

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @rtabassum1 

sorry, for those said "New activation only", existing subscribers cannot change to those.  Best to check your My Account's Chage Subscription page and check what avaiable for you

Need Help? Let's chat.