cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch back to regular sim

Petraroams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up my account a week ago with an eSIM however, I would like to acquire a regular Sim and use that in the phone instead of an eSIM

I’ve tried to contact an agent and the system locks up at the signing in to message multiple times so I can’t get an agent   

I was told to come to the community and ask for someone that can assist me in explaining how this is done. Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Reusing sims is pretty much a no go with most carriers. There may be the odd carrier that allows it (as noted further up), but that would be th exception.

I would recommend ordering from Amazon vs PM; it's cheaper and will arrive much quicker.

HI @JoCh 

definitely not for PM anyway

JoCh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI @Petraroams 

it is not just  rule or PM. For all carriers, sim cards are one time used and cannot be used to reactivate

I believe it has to do with something to prevent fraud. 

Petraroams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all…. Ordered a new sim …

the one from the previous account is apparently dead - number is not accepted - why can’t you reuse old sim ?

thanks

😆 

@Petraroams  You can do this in your account profile page 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1710455440459.png

@Sansan @looks like we have the same phone number and SIM card number . You ever get a phone calls for handy1

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Petraroams  to switch SIM, you have to download the Public Mobile App and purchase a physical SIM card. Takes about 3 weeks to arrive, can be sooner obviously. Once it arrives in the mail, you sign on to My Account select Profile and change the SIM number.

You can also purchase one from a local Telus storebif they have in-store.  Or Amazon a bit faster.

Screenshot_20240314_154929_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Are you able to access your self service account?  

If so, you can change to a physical SIM card yourself.  Need to purchase one either via PM website, Amazon (prime shipping) or visiting a corporate Telus or Koodo store.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

If you are unable to access your account, then you will need contact customer service agent.  Either via chatbot, but if having issues with submit ticket, you can directly private message CSA via the following link: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.