cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending services while away

jzxdrift_100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everybody,

what is the best way to suspend services while away? I will be out of country for about month and a half and don't wanna waste money paying for services and not using them.

Is removing credit card from payment methods to stop auto payments enough for my situation? Or is it better to suspend services via lost/stolen option?

I don't know if balance will be accumulated if I simply remove card from payment methods. It technically shouldn't since PM is pre-paid and not contract based, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks y'all!

6 REPLIES 6

jzxdrift_100

I'm going to Russia and there's really no point of buying any packages here because I can get a SIM card there and $10 plan which includes all services unlimited (even data), can you imagine how cheap that is for unlimited data? Crazy.

I don't think I can lose my number, since I won't be away for more than 90 days.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Another idea is, and this depends on where you're going, purchase an package so you can use your phone where you're going. If that isn't an option, another idea is to change your plan to the lowest package possible which is $15 I think. That will at least keep you going so you early your loyalty credits and won't lose your number. 

Where you going?

jzxdrift_100

Yeah, it's a 30-day plan. I thought the only way to stop autopay is to remove CC from the account. Got it, thank you!

@jzxdrift_100 wrote:

I could be a bit more specific.

My renewal date is the 17th of each month and I never have any funds in the account (except for bonuses which are always insufficient to cover payment entirely).

I'm leaving the country on Aug 9 and coming back on Sep 29. So, my initial plan was to remove CC from the account right before departure and then add it back on the return date. This way I could prevent payments from happening on both Aug 17 and Sep 17.

Your plan wouldn't renew on the 17th of every month as Public Mobile doesn't have monthly plans.  You're likely on a 30-day6 plan.  Either way, there isn't any advantage to removing your credit card from the account.  Autopay can just be turned off.

jzxdrift_100

I could be a bit more specific.

My renewal date is the 17th of each month and I never have any funds in the account (except for bonuses which are always insufficient to cover payment entirely).

I'm leaving the country on Aug 9 and coming back on Sep 29. So, my initial plan was to remove CC from the account right before departure and then add it back on the return date. This way I could prevent payments from happening on both Aug 17 and Sep 17.

Lost/stolen will stop services immedaitely. However, that might not be ideal as you wont' be able to use the service.  Also, lost/stolen doesn't prevent any plan that you already been paid for from expiring/from time being used up.

Depending on the timing of your next renewal, there might be little benefit to disabling autopay. If you need the service working and the plan is set to renew, you'll need to pay for the plan.  So, if you're on a 30-day plan and leave for your travels shortly after that renewal, you'll still end up paying for the full 30 days and won't be able to use it.   Also, disabling autopay won't prevent the plan from renwing if there are enough funds in the Public Mobile account balance to pay for the plan. 

Ensure that the account isn't left in lost/stolen or suspended for non-payment for 90 days or your account willl get closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.