cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Auto Renew

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Enjoying the first month of my service so far, but lately i've noticed several posts about credit cards being rejected, leading to suspension of your account, which means you could potentially lose a promotional offer like the one i signed up for.

Instead, why not just run the card a day or two BEFORE your plan runs out, that way PM could text you that there was a problem, and it would give you time to actually make a payment so your plan doesn't expire..

-James

15 REPLIES 15

That’s me!  

That’s me!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Well that settles it then.   I was screwed.  Doesn’t matter now.  Won’t be able to complain to the moderators enough to get the offer before tomorrow.

im just going to have to be grouchy from now on.  I will need to change my user name to Green fuzzy guy in the trash can.

GrouchyOscar.jpg

Robot Happy

Well that settles it then.   I was screwed.  Doesn’t matter now.  Won’t be able to complain to the moderators enough to get the offer before tomorrow.

im just going to have to be grouchy from now on.  I will need to change my user name to Green fuzzy guy in the trash can.

SD08

@stonechucker wrote:

im still on the Fall Promo.. a great deal, with full LTE speed.  A deal which will never return at Public Mobile with the current environment of always competing with the other third tier lower quality options.

i wanted the $35 Koodo deal, but I’m being told by moderators it was not offered to Fall 2016 Promo subscribers, and at this point, moving to just any other plan in hopes of getting the offer is a lottery.

@stonechucker

I believe the moderator was mistaken.  I am on the Fall 2016 promo and I was definitely offered the $35 Koodo migration deal.

mimmo

@stonechucker I was under the impression that when changing plans early your rewards would also be taken Into account, I am pretty sure that is what happened when I did a manual change a day early, and when mods renewed a plan early for me, but I could be mistaken.

@mimmo, honestly, I’m in a position that my balance and rewards will cover the plan change without going to my credit card.  To renew early, I would need to pay $20 plus taxes.

im still on the Fall Promo.. a great deal, with full LTE speed.  A deal which will never return at Public Mobile with the current environment of always competing with the other third tier lower quality options.

i wanted the $35 Koodo deal, but I’m being told by moderators it was not offered to Fall 2016 Promo subscribers, and at this point, moving to just any other plan in hopes of getting the offer is a lottery.

i still don’t use my 12 GB in my plan, and 90-day lock in is great when I got the increase notice earlier this year as it game me time to think about what I wanted.

5 days until renewal - who’s got me cancelling in the pool for September 4th?

mimmo

@stonechucker , I vote risk it 🙂

you could alwyas just do a manual plan change the day before, that would remove the risk.  

I topped up prior to my last renewal, because the previous weekend was when the glitch happened, or at least AutoPay failed for many during the system maintenance.

That was 91 days ago that maintenance happened.  5 more days until my plan renewal, and potential plan change.

Hmmm... my rewards and available funds will cover my new lower price... risk it, or leave plan the way it is....

mimmo

@popping i do agree, but the whole point of auto payment is set up and forget. Not set up and login a day before and manually pay.

@

@popping wrote:

Instead of letting PM to get fund from your CC, one can add fund to PM account using CC on the due date or a day earlier.  If there is problem with paying with the CC, one can still have time to get a topup voucher to add fund to the account.

For the anxious, this is an alternative although it kind of defeats the purpose of a hands off auto pay system. 

popping

Instead of letting PM to get fund from your CC, one can add fund to PM account using CC on the due date or a day earlier.  If there is problem with paying with the CC, one can still have time to get a topup voucher to add fund to the account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jclaydon2018, there was a recent spate of auto pay failures.  This was not really due to a credit card failure but rather a system bug introduced by a maintenance outage.  You know how it is, customers don't generally report success.  Failures are discussed ad nauseum.  That said, I would recommend to all customers who add a new credit card to their account perform a simple test by topping up $1 to the account.  If it works, then there should be no problem come payment time. 

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

oh.. alrighty then

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jclaydon2018, That's actually a good idea.  I think it has been mentioned before.  However, I *think* there might be regulations against withdrawing/charging a payment before it is actually due.

Need Help? Let's chat.