cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly can't make outgoing calls to 1-866 number

cec69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Suddenly today I have lost the ability to call 1-866 number.  My plan doesn't renew until August and I have made bo changes to my account. Please help as I need to call these numbers to stay in touch with my homecare nurses.

14 REPLIES 14

pratchak
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad that you figured out. 

cec69

Looks like I meesed up.  I had programmed the phone number including extension in my address book..  When I auto-dialed, it confused the system so call didn't go through.  It probably missread all those numbers as international call.  I heard from tech support quickly and this is what we dtermined as the problem

cec69

Not sure what happened but it is now working.  I'll post if I have any more issues

Since mod involved lets see what they have to say about it. But do updates us here for future reference.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

cec69

Seems 1-800 & 1-888 both are fine so it's 1-866 that is the problem

cec69

Don't have any of those numbers to call but will see if I can find some. Thanks

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

how about 1800 and 1888?

cec69

I had someone else call from a different phone withg no problem. Thanks for your reply

cec69

Will try switching sim when daughter gets home. Thanks for your reply

cec69

I'm working with a mod. Thanks for your reply.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Is it all 1866 numbers or just one? If just one could be the number itself

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I recall when I first signed up for the service, there was issues with making toll free calls.  The problem sorted itself out.  It hasn't come back.  

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds odd - I would be curious if you had the same problem with your sim card in a different phone, and if your phone loaded any updates (firmware or other) recently.

Failing that - it would be a MOD that can help you out....

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Try reboot the phone. It's should be usually toll free calls are free I just tried on mine calling 1866 its working fine. Are you on iOS or Android. If still same issue get mod involved as you mentioned you need to have access to keep connected with nurse dept by calling 1866.
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.