cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden shut down during payment

Suyoung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have shut down the page while payment was happening. The bills werent paid but when I try to activate the sim again, it tells me that it isnt valid when it was just fine.

my sim card number is

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and if I have created the account, the email must be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@Suyoung wrote:

I dont have access to self serve account. I dont think account has been even created

@Suyoung  - if you have never created a Self Serve account (you can only do this with a current Public Mobile account); you can register for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

@Suyoung 

This sounds frustrating, however please check 2 things for us:

1. When you place your Public Mobile SIM card in the device, do texting and calling services work?  Was this device a 'new to you' device or used on another Canadian network?   Could the device be locked or blacklisted?   Check here for 'blacklisted'  -  Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca
  2. When you check the payment card used to enter payment details, do the 'pending' or 'unauthorized' transactions on the payment card display anything along the line of "KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV"?   If so, the payment is being processed and you may very well have activated successfully.

Try another working SIM card in the device - does it work?

Try the Public Mobile SIM card in another device - does it work?

Hopefully the above assists, if not contact the Customer Support Agents as provided.

Suyoung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont have access to self serve account. I dont think account has been even created

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Suyoung  - if you tried the activation again and you receive a message that the SIM card is not valid, there is a chance it started the activation process.

Are you able to log into your Self Serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If so, is the status ACTIVE?

Insert the Public Mobile SIM card and reboot your phone. Do you have any services?

If the activation did not complete, perhaps wait 15 minutes then try the activation again.

Before you start the activation process, open a tab in incognito mode in chrome or another browser. This may help is something finicky is locked up in the system.

Will the activation get past the SIM card number page now?

If still issues, you may need customer support (CSA) assistance to check the account and help you get logged in.

Here is the help article on how to reach CSA: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@Suyoung wrote:

I have shut down the page while payment was happening. The bills werent paid but when I try to activate the sim again, it tells me that it isnt valid when it was just fine.

Please do not post information about your contact information or information about your account.

Were you activating a brand new Public Mobile account?  If you were doing that, try inserting your Public Mobile SIM card checking to see if the service works.

Need Help? Let's chat.