cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success Story! Porting my number from Wind to Public Mobile

dimitri194
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So there's been a lot of people having problems starting their new accounts with PM, I thought I'd share a good story to show people it's not all bad. 

I started the process at around 10 pm on Wed, Nov 9th. I found this guide to be really helpful in knowing what to expect before you start the process. http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-port-switch-public-mobile/

I pretty much followed that guide, and when it came time to putting in my info I put in account number, IMEI, pin, alternate number and authorization name. 

When I got close to the end and got to the payment portion, I received this error. 

pm issue.png

I read somewhere in the community that if a failed activation occurs, simply refresh the page, which is what I did and then the page said my activation was complete. Within minutes I got a confirmation email and my SIM card was able to get PM signal. 

At first, only outgoing calls were working, and then eventually data when I fixed the APN settings. I am able to also get LTE data with my LG G4 (H812). I was initially unable to access my account as well. At about 10:50PM I received a message that the porting process was complete, and then I had access to profile on the PM website as well as outgoing/incoming text and incoming calls. All in all a really good process and I'm very happy! 

2 REPLIES 2

kingstonian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had a very similar experience as you.

LG G4 - No issues with the account setup, and porting my number from Telus again no issues, I did have to fill in the APN settings manually, my home screen still shows the network as Telus, but everything is working as it should with Public Mobile....

Iphone 5s - No issues with account setup, didn't port this number from Koodo, setup a new number and once up and running with Public mobile I then ported number from Koodo, had no issues with APN settings everything self propagated.

Very pleased with these accounts, and the plans suite both my wife and I, we like the idea of adding long distance minutes for when they may be needed.

Looking forward to the US roaming announcement.

Would like to combine these accounts into one, would be easier to check account usage.... 

All in all very pleased, and were still in the Telus family, Great network...

suefs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great tip about refreshing the page! This will help those going through similar problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.