cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription renewal date Referral points May 1st

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When the legacy rewards customers are forced to move to the point system on May 1st does that affect or subscription renewal date or the date that referral points will be added to our account?

Right now I get the referral points a few days prior to my renewal date and I like that to continue

5 REPLIES 5

@EdN wrote:

Really? I have enough points to cover my subscription, so you're saying they will charge my card before taking from points?

At regular plan renewal, your on file credit card will get used for your plan renewal. Your meager points will accumulate in your account.  Once you've amassed at least 15 points...YOU have to actually go in to your account and have these points applied to next regular plan renewal OR if you want to buy an add-on OR you wish to use them to enter contests on that day. The points won't be applied to your regular renewal automatically....you have steps to take to do it.  A bit more reading for you..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/redeeming-public-points

AS you're now realizing, compared to old PM Rewards program....points SUCK ! Sounds like more than just a few have planned to abandoned ship due to this major reduction in benefits....but...let's wait to see what actually happens as we get closer to May.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Really? I have enough points to cover my subscription, so you're saying they will charge my card before taking from points?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@EdN 

here's a brief rundown of the new and improved Points program...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The renewal date stays the same so whenever your plan renews or on May 1 then the Public Points system will kick in.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @EdN 

on the renewal date after May 1st, you will be paying full amount of the plan

After renewal, PM will add 5% of the payment they charged you on your credit card plus the friend referral bonus you get

Need Help? Let's chat.