cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to change my subscription plan. Why are the prices lower for new subscribers?

4 REPLIES 4

RattlesnakeArmy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Which plan are you looking to switch to?

Send a private message to CS_Agent and explain that you would like a certain plan, which plan you are on, and how many years you have been a loyal customer. Ask nicely.

I wanted the 24$/4G plan but was on the 25$/1G plan for years. Initially I was offered a higher priced plan, so I dropped to 15$/month plan for a month and then asked very nicely, and they switched to the 24$/4G plan.

Hope this helps 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to change my subscription plan. Why are the prices lower for new subscribers?

This is purely a business decision by Telus.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Because all companies, mobile providers included, are trying to pull customers away from other providers.

They do this by dangling 'carrots' to have them leave.

It's been going on forever, and it will likely always occur.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Anonymous 

It really depends what you want. Here is a link to all the deals. Just change the province at the top of the page.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/plans#ALL

Myself, the $40 plan for 50GB 5G is the best offer. If you pay 90 days at a time, the price goes down to $34 a month. Great value there! 

Sure, you may see prices for new customers to be a bit cheaper, however, it's been proven since Black Friday that all it takes is a polite request to a CS Agent to get the plan you want, even the lower price plans for new customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.