cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription change

Bigdog2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both myself and wife changed plans and didn't realize we would not get credit for balance on our existing plans resulting in a huge bill for the month. Anyway to rectify this?

4 REPLIES 4

There's 2 separate, and distinct, situations here:

1. if a user is changing to a plan displaying on their account page, they should ALWAYS choose to switch on next renewal UNLESS they're desperately needing data and are fine with the loss of remaining cycle
  2. if a user is attempting to get a "new activation plan" offer the CSA's may offer to grant that to an existing customer (case by case basis);  when they do, they almost universally do the change on an immediate basis towards that exception so users will lose a bit on the remaining cycle

Wellersbayview
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CSA was very clear when I switched plans that there was no credit for the remaining days in my monthly cycle. It was something I was prepared for having read this forum. The extra cost was worthwhile and will be amortised over three months.
I have pre-authorised payment so had to type a message saying I gave permission to charge my credit card the new monthly fee. The subscription panel now shows a revised renewal date. There was no obfuscation with my agent. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Sorry @Bigdog2 

The options for changing plans are IMMEDIATE or on NEXT RENEWAL

It's always advisable to change on next renewal to avoid the loss of remaining cycle, which is not refundable.  Public Mobile does not prorate or refund partial cycles.

You could request special consideration with the customer support agents for a 'misunderstanding' however that's a long shot.  The best they might offer is to put excess funds onto your available funds for future use.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bigdog2  No sorry PM is pre paid  and no refunds . It’s advised to change plans on renewal and not immediately so you don’t lose money in your current cycle 

Need Help? Let's chat.