cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Not Activated

Kadin1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I attempted to switch from Koodo to Public Mobile today but I'm getting the "Subscription Not Activated" error on the last step. I tried to submit a ticket, but I'm using an eSIM and the field that requests a SIM card number is broken and won't let me type N/A like I'm supposed to; it only accepts numerical characters.

I sent a DM to customer support and they told me that there was an error during the eSIM installation and that I would have to purchase a physical SIM card that I could then switch to an eSIM.

Really? Is that really the only way? So far my experience with Public Mobile has been really atrocious, so if I really have to spend more money on a card that don't actually need I'll be pretty annoyed.

5 REPLIES 5

Kadin1

Finally got it working!

For anyone porting over from Koodo: DO NOT use your IMEI number! Use your Koodo Account Number.

If you use the IMEI it bricks your account. I ended up having to request a chargeback from my bank and then made another EverSafe account on a different email in order to restart the Subscription process.

Completely unacceptable that such a glaringly obvious bug has existed for at least eight months now at the time of posting and still hasn't been fixed, but at least I managed to get everything up and running and can share my findings for anyone who discovers this thread. God knows Public Mobile's Customer Service won't help you.

Kadin1

Just found a forum post from eight months ago where all the replies are people having the exact same issue as I am down to a tee. Pretty ridiculous that this issue hasn't been fixed by now.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/I-want-to-continue-my-account-creation-bu...

At least now I know CS can actually do something about it, I just have to keep pestering them until they actually decide to do their job 😅

hi @Kadin1 the system has some problem with eSIM on IPhone once in a while, but I am sure it's resolvable.  Reply the ticket and push them to escalate 

Kadin1

It's a new iPhone 15. I was previously using a physical SIM with Koodo on a Samsung Galaxy S9.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Kadin1 what model of phone you have?? and you are using eSIM with Koodo?? if you are, message support again and tell them sno reason you cannot use eSIM with PM.  PM. and Koodo both owned by Telus and use the same system, eSIM would be same.  Push them for a fix

Need Help? Let's chat.