cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Plan

priya2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both my kids will be needing phone plans. My son had $15 plan pre-covid but we stopped as didn't need a phone since he was doing online school. He needs is now and my daughter will need it in Sep. Can we expect any back to school promos better than $15 or more GB in $15 plan? 

7 REPLIES 7

That link to SIM cards from Canadian Cell supplies not only offers free shipping across Canada (5-10 days canada post lettermail), but a further discount on 1st+2nd month if they activate for you. If you get through their fineprint. 🙂 You can still supply a referral code for another $10 off each activation too.

@priya2000...remember that son will need a new sim unless his account was Active in the last 89 days.

Have a peek here for decent price on PM sims with fast delivery.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

edit...if you're in GTA, you can even make arrangements to pick up sim in person....

FREE Pickup: Same Day (with Appointment)

5956 Chalfont Crescent, Mississauga ON, L5M 6K8

priya2000

Thanks! Yes, I am aware of the auto pay and referral rewards.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@priya2000 : Pre-covid summer had a data gift and a couple promos for more data. But nothing targeted for students per se.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@priya2000 I doubt the 15$ plan will be changing anytime soon re getting more GB.

If you are in the west and have Shaw internet  you could get them Shaw mobile talk and text for 0$ and data costs 10$/GB.

intellagentz

Can't speak for PM plans for B-T-S offers, but in case you weren't aware of it, each new line would be entitled to a referral bonus (assuming you are a PM user) and autopay savings (assuming you opt for that), effectively making it $12/month plus a $10 sign on bonus for each line. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is hard to know if there are any new promos.  You would need to keep checking the announcements section.  Today is the last day for extra 2GB on $35 or higher plan.

There is the referral award which can save them a one time savings of $10.  If you have an account then you refer both of your children or setup one account and use a referral code for the second account.  Also the person who refers the other receives a $1/referral.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Need Help? Let's chat.