cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange short 'local' calls and nobody talks at the other side?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I usually do not answer calls from unknown numbers being aware of spoofed number from telemarketers. If I do not do that, call in most cases goes to voice mail creating additional work to delete it.

So I decided to start answering these calls as then I can block such number. Funny thing is when I answer the call it terminates within 2 seconds????
Anybody has any idea what is going on? Telemarketers would at least try to engage you in conversation...

Is there a limit of blocked numbers? Are these numbers stored in your phone?

3 REPLIES 3

@hairbag1 wrote:

Never answer a call from a blocked number...if it's legit...they'll leave a message.

Hmmmm. How can you answer a call from blocked number??? Number is blocked so call will be rejected, phone will not ring and will not even go into vmail, correct?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yummy wrote:

Funny thing is when I answer the call it terminates within 2 seconds????

Yes, I got those too.. answered and they hang up..  

most of the time I don't answer.. but once in awhile, i like to answer those call.. and some of them tell me they are CRA.. asking me for the my name. then I will give them my name.. Justin Trudea.. and my address at Ottawa 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy..."they" now know that your number is an active number so you'll continue to get spam callers...that's my guess.

Never answer a call from a blocked number...if it's legit...they'll leave a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.