cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop service for 2 months

bhavnanikamlesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

My wife travelled to our home country for 2 months and I wish to stop my service for next 2 months. I am registered but she is not registered with Pubic Mobile's Website or online portal. So, I am unable to stop her service.

Could anyone please advise how to stop her service?

Warm Regards,

Kamlesh Bhavnani 

14 REPLIES 14

@bhavnanikamlesh 

Do you know your wife's renewal date? You can call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit number of your wife's phone to find out. Then at midnight eastern on that night put a hold on your card on file on her account. Wait until noon eastern on her renewal date (or even a few more hours to be absolutely sure) and take the hold off your card. The hold will cause Autopay to fail causing the account to suspend then when you return you can set up the self serve account paying by voucher thru 611 if necessary but you should still be able to recieve the  digit alphanumeric code to do so even without an active plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Indeed. Least of all me. Someone informs me of an error (I'm looking at you darlicious 🙂 cloud-sourced...hilarious) and I thank them and change it if needed and carry on. No fight needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

maybe my fault and i did some mistake with fast decision my apologies.

and i did fix it everything. after all no one perfect...

I always say.. if it is a mistake.. admit it, change it and move on.. no need to argue and defend  

Happy New Year!!  a peaceful one  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Through all our past wars it has been _you_ fighting every step of the way over every imagined slight or perceived insult you think you got. No one else does this but you. The problem is interpretation.

I'm trying to show some appreciation for maybe some change in tone going on. I've mentioned this a couple times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

i'm not fighting with you for nothing sometime you hurt me i do understand you want to clarify the correct information to any OP and i do appreciate that is not nice you call it fighting i don't use that anymore you correct information and you mention more information,

and you didn't see my VIP person @darlicious  what say New leaf? New Year?

i hope you too.

happy holidays and happy new year....enjoy your day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : All correct but not what is being pointed out. Yes they could contact CSA's to remove the payment card at this point as one of the options for their problem. You didn't mention that until now.
And you had said to create an account. Yes they would need the SIM in a phone in Canada. You didn't mention that.
They need to be logged in to remove their payment card. So they can't do that before they have that account. You didn't mention that.
Nor does using 611 work to remove a payment card as you said.

Just trying to clarify. Appreciate you engaging rather than fighting. Indeed, we'll know more if we hear where the SIM is (for both).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

the OP need to provide more information about the SIM card in canada or out,

but if them Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentthen only CSA, can remove the payment card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : The 611 service doesn't let you remove the payment card. It can only toggle autopay. And creating an account needs the SIM in a phone in Canada which we don't yet know in this case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bhavnanikamlesh 

if you don't have a account at Self-Serve, to Sign in

Need To Create an Account Public Mobile - Register

How Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to   Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

or by *611 and you need account 4 digit pin, to you can remove the credit card,

don't forget to review  Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bhavnanikamlesh : If you have the 4 digit PIN of the account then you can call 18554public and toggle off the autopay. (or if you have the PM SIM you can call 611 with the SIM in a phone while in Canada)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bhavnanikamlesh  2 months is ok.  Assuming you don't have any amount in Available Fund in your My Account, just remove Autopay and leave your account expire at the end of the cycle.   

when you are back, enable Autopay , then make a manual payment and reactivate the plan.

VERY IMPORTANT: You have to make sure you reactivate within 90 days or your account will be closed and you will loss your number

Have fun and enjoy your trip.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bhavnanikamlesh wrote:

Hello!

My wife travelled to our home country for 2 months and I wish to stop my service for next 2 months. I am registered but she is not registered with Pubic Mobile's Website or online portal. So, I am unable to stop her service.

Could anyone please advise how to stop her service?

Warm Regards,

Kamlesh Bhavnani 

For 2 months away...just don't pay your PM renewal. As long as you renew in less than 89 days, you'll be fine. After 90 days in suspension, your account will be lost otherwise.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bhavnanikamlesh 

Good news.  

If you're only gone for 2 months, you need not 'stop' the service.  

It will either renew, or suspend.  

Then upon your return, you'll either have it, or need to reactivate it by creating a self-serve account on your wife's service (or signing into it)

Need Help? Let's chat.