cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Phone Help!!!

GemGem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sisters phone was stolen. In order to access her PM account- it sends a verification to her phone.  However she is also locked out of her email for the same reason. So she can’t send verification code to email either.  All accounts sending verification to her phone when she doesn’t have it. How else can she  access her PM account? 
please help as this has been a nightmare!! 

9 REPLIES 9

@GemGem 

She can use your account and explain the issue then they can confirm her credentials.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GemGem wrote:

Unfortunately she can’t get a code to her email because of the same reason. Verification code …. She has been locked out of her email too. Essentially it looks like she will have to stop paying the bill- cancel the CC it’s on - just so she can get a new Pm account and hope not to have the same problem in the future….

I've recently been reminded by someone that voicemail 2FA is an option.

Be aware that if your sister wants to let the account close and start a new one then anything attached to that account (add-ons, promos, rewards/points, etc) will be lost. If there's a lot of stuff there then it might be worth the effort to login again. If not, then there's little to lose from moving on. Porting out (to save the phone number) is not a workable option without access to the account and without the phone in hand.

If she does activate a new account at Public Mobile then she can choose promos/offers "for new customers only". And she can use a referral code. And she should make a point of not forgetting the email or email password used for the account, lol.

Cheetah24

Well, I would suggest, you submit the ticket as soon as possible with the given link below. The service agent will ask for verification of your sisters account and then they should be able to access it.

GemGem

That’s the problem- she can’t get verification as the verification code gets sent to email and phone which she is locked out of.  There must be another way?  

GemGem

Unfortunately she can’t get a code to her email because of the same reason. Verification code …. She has been locked out of her email too. Essentially it looks like she will have to stop paying the bill- cancel the CC it’s on - just so she can get a new Pm account and hope not to have the same problem in the future….

GemGem

How can she submit a ticket when she can’t log onto PM because it sends a verification message to her stolen phone?   She also can’t get one sent to her email for the same reason…

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GemGem 

Your sister (owner of the account) must submit a request to a CS_Agent so you can’t submit a ticket at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Korth_

@GemGem 

Get EverSafe to send the first 2FA. (The SMS you can't receive because you don't have the phone.)

You will then see "Didn't get the code?". Click it and you will be given the options "Send code to SMS" and "Send code to email".

I don't know why they don't offer email as an option the first time, why they keep it hidden behind a failed attempt. I think it's a stupid arrangement. It frustrated me, I've seen it frustrate at least three different people in the last month. Always the same problem, always the same solution, you'd think Telus would just fix it already - and that their conspicuous lack of attention to it means that they just don't see it being a problem to them (regardless of the problems it causes us).

I would personally disable EverSafe completely on my account, if that was an opt-out which actually worked. I'd normally keep good 2FA systems on as an added security layer but I'm willing to ditch bad 2FA systems because they do nothing useful and cause problems.

If you can't get either of the two EverSafe ID methods to work because you lost the phone and forgot the email ... you're kinda screwed. You can try messaging the CSAs and maybe they'll let you prove your ID and claim access to the account some other way. But the whole purpose of EverSafe is (they say) to protect our accounts from being stolen by others ... so good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Cheetah24

@GemGem: Best to write a direct message to a service agent as soon as possible using the link; https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.

I am not sure how you can access the account if both email and phone is not accessible. However the service agent after verification might be able to help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.