cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't make calls

Lincoln
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Issues with Public Mobile account.

I setup an account on Sunday with a new number.

Below are the problems I am having.
1) Can't make calls.
2) When someone calls it goes to voicemail.
Note:setup account on Sunday with new number
But it was only today (Tuesday September 11) that I was able to send and receive text.
The account is for unlimited calls in Canada and the USA.
Question: Does anyone knows why I am having these issue?
Note: I send emails to the moderators on Monday but did not get any replies
to say if they are working on the problem.

Thank you

Lincoln

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lincoln, it looks like the Walmart agent messed up your activation.  It is not first bad news story about Walmart and likely not the last.  I digress.  If you have contacted the moderator team already with you issue, please don't message them mulitple times with the same problem.  It will only slow down their response.  The typical response time is around 48 hours at the moment. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Lincoln wrote:

Issues with Public Mobile account.

I setup an account on Sunday with a new number.

Below are the problems I am having.
1) Can't make calls.
2) When someone calls it goes to voicemail.
Note:setup account on Sunday with new number
But it was only today (Tuesday September 11) that I was able to send and receive text.
The account is for unlimited calls in Canada and the USA.
Question: Does anyone knows why I am having these issue?
Note: I send emails to the moderators on Monday but did not get any replies
to say if they are working on the problem.

Thank you

Lincoln

@Lincoln wrote:

1) I have not made any calls to the US but I do understand how it works.

2) I don't get any dial tone

3) When the Agent at Walmart  put her sim card into my phone, we get dial tone and she called out to others.

So, the phone settings are good.

Thank  you for providing important information .

Lincoln

It is likely there was some sort of issue during your account creating. Keep doing a battery pull / sim removeal and reentry, reset / phone reboot every couple hours but otherwise nothing you can do and good work trying the other sim to know its not your phone. As its not an issue with your phone there wont be much the community helpers can assist with.

Since you have already messaged the mods on Monday they should be getting back to you anytime regarding your issue. The mods are a little backed up but WILL get back to you. It typically should be within 48 hours.  No need to send multiple messages or it will just slow down the process unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

Lincoln
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1) I have not made any calls to the US but I do understand how it works.

2) I don't get any dial tone

3) When the Agent at Walmart  put her sim card into my phone, we get dial tone and she called out to others.

So, the phone settings are good.

Thank  you for providing important information .

Lincoln

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To clarify the US talk plan requires you to be in Canada but you can call US numbers. 

What happens when you make a call?

If you are receiving text messages I would check some of your phone settings ie. Do not disturb mode

Don't send multiple private messages to the moderators because the system will put all of your messages to the back of the line. Response times can be 48+ hours 

Need Help? Let's chat.