cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting your voice mail from scratch.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a way to totally re-do your voice mail? I don't mean to reset my password. I want to reset all of the voicemail options. 

26 REPLIES 26

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel 

I believe the OP wasn't referring just to the voicemail recording, but the entire Voicemail Service on his account.  Although you can probably reset each setting individually, the OP was asking for a full reset on the entire Voicemail Service that would likely need a CSA to fiddle on the back-end.  I'm not entirely sure of the details behind why the OP wants to do this either, but if that's the question, then this is likely one of the (only?) solutions.

@barrascuk wrote:

Thanks for everyones replies. But don't forget....read the OP and only respond with a resolution. If you cannot partake in the resolution then sit back and learn and do some bravos. 

Good point, many members like to reply a post instead of answer a post, they just post whatever "sort of" related.  Kind of like the Simply Simon, you type a keyword Voicemail and it feeds you anything and everything about voicemail.

But.. I still don't get what you want to reset.. did you just try to record your greeting again because it didn't sound right?

@barrascuk 

I still don't understand what you are trying to do...

are you trying to reset the voicemail message that you recorded?

when you're in your voicemail it's 4,4,3,3.... this resets your main recorded message...

I agree the instructions don't provide this answer. I needed to figure this out for myself

@BlueB 

CSA are not needed to reset your voicemail recording... 

barrascuk

@BlueB wrote:

@barrascuk 

I see you have a lot of generic answers, and I laugh a little because some posts gave you instructions on things you explicitly did not want to do.  🙂

To my knowledge, there is no way to reset your voicemail to system defaults.  From other service, a Customer Service agent has always been able to do this by removing/re-adding the service and would expect Public Mobile to be the same.

As you've found, things may or may not work with Public Mobile vs Telus.  If it were me, I would reach out to a CS Agent here and ask them if they can "reset" or remove-readd the service to help with what you're trying to accomplish.  It's an odd request, so they may read it differently at first, but would be a great place to start.  🙂

What I find "odd" is that the forced VM set up does not explain why, nor can I find why in writing I am to make some answers. I don't have a problem with VM but want only minimal information on it and to be in a crisp voice....so if I did not like after listening to it....I can re do it. But "what ever" I have figured out how have my land line set take the VM. I am using this line on a ZTE box for a land line. The other 2 accounts I have, might be ok...to me....maybe not. I'll wait for a another rainy day to review. And living here.....that will be every day in the future!!

Thanks for everyones replies. But don't forget....read the OP and only respond with a resolution. If you cannot partake in the resolution then sit back and learn and do some bravos. 

@barrascuk how mess up are the email that you want to have a complete reset?

if messages related, you can deleted them all. 

If greeting, you can re-record. 

If password,  as you said you can rest it easily. 

What else need to reset other than these ?  What exactly you try to achieve here??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Of course one can do that all manually. I like the faster idea for when needed. Can't say as I've ever needed to completely reset the voicemail though 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : I interpret the question as being like a reset to factory defaults. Just press one button deep down in the IVR and bam everything that is not default will be returned to default. But I don't know if that option exists. Undocumented maybe.

I guess that will not be desirable from support point of view 😉

Imagine one button to reset everything and then calls or posts 'I did reset, how to  get back'.

Magical button might exist but accessible to CSA only.

Again, I am not clear what OP tries to accomplish. Everything can be modified through menu posted kindly by @Nezgar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : I interpret the question as being like a reset to factory defaults. Just press one button deep down in the IVR and bam everything that is not default will be returned to default. But I don't know if that option exists. Undocumented maybe.

There's a trick with the initial setting up of voicemail. If you use the reset voicemail password that sets it to your 10 digit number then you can use any phone to call in and set it all up.

But this only matters for the $15 plan.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What exactly means 'reset vmail to default'? Access number will stay the same - your phone number. Password through My Account...

You can reset password, greetings, etc. at any time. Even if vmail is 'reset' to 'default' you still have to access it through your cell phone for the first time and set all these options.

BlueB

@barrascuk 

I see you have a lot of generic answers, and I laugh a little because some posts gave you instructions on things you explicitly did not want to do.  🙂

To my knowledge, there is no way to reset your voicemail to system defaults.  From other service, a Customer Service agent has always been able to do this by removing/re-adding the service and would expect Public Mobile to be the same.

As you've found, things may or may not work with Public Mobile vs Telus.  If it were me, I would reach out to a CS Agent here and ask them if they can "reset" or remove-readd the service to help with what you're trying to accomplish.  It's an odd request, so they may read it differently at first, but would be a great place to start.  🙂

jib_tech

@Nezgar 

Thank you this ones a keeper and tagged!

@barrascuk 

Reset Voicemail Name:
choose menu 4,4,3,3 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nezgar : Resetting the voicemail password resets it to ones 10 digit phone number. You can do set up from another phone after doing this.

Ah right you are correct. Just tested again myself too... Resets to your 10 digit phone number, but it forces you to change it the first time afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

Otherwise, if you can't get into your voicemail account your only course of action is to log into your self-serve portal, and choose "reset your voicemail password". Then you call in the first time from your own phone to enter a new voicemail password, After that, you can at least access the menus to change the various settings.

@Nezgar : Resetting the voicemail password resets it to ones 10 digit phone number. You can do set up from another phone after doing this.

@Anonymous wrote:

@barrascuk 

contact that person @Nezgar has more experts about voicemail..

It can't hurt to open a ticket with the mods to see if they can completely reset your voicemail to defaults. I'm not sure if they can.

Otherwise, if you can't get into your voicemail account your only course of action is to log into your self-serve portal, and choose "reset your voicemail password". Then you call in the first time from your own phone to enter a new voicemail password, After that, you can at least access the menus to change the various settings.

This process was covered in the help articles previously referenced by @Anonymous and @t_p :

Here are the menu trees for some common tasks. Referencing these, you see a good overview of what's all available to possibly be changed to your liking:

Change voicemail greeting:

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Menu_1_v1_Aug7

Set an extended absence greeting:

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Menu_4_v1_Aug7

Play caller ID when playing back messages:

VM Playback Preferences.png

Change voicemail menu language:

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Menu_2_v1_Aug7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrascuk 

contact that person @Nezgar has more experts about voicemail..

barrascuk

Hello all. I have researched very thoroughly  before I posted. I appreciate your responses but so far...nothing conclusive. I also found this on Telus for setting up voice mail hours ago and this does not cover how to fully reset your voicemail and re do it.  This appears to be more encompassing than what you see here for PM and all steps may or may not work with PM voicemail. See here.

I can say that both Telus and PM do not do a good job in documenting the initial set up for voice mail. 

Never the less I can't believe that I can't go into My Account or my  voicemail account and do a re-set of it without intervention by PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrascuk 

or maybe you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and ask them,

barrascuk

@Anonymous wrote:

@barrascuk 

you mean how to do recovery your voicemail is will be deleted !!

Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Voicemail.

I mean what I first posted....is what I mean!!!

0PX9O4

@barrascukYou can create a ticket for this with the chatbot on the lower right hand corner of the screen. Or message the CS_Agent user on this forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrascuk 

you mean how to do recovery your voicemail is will be deleted !!

Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Voicemail.

@barrascuk wrote:

@t_p 

@Anonymous 

@Triguy 

I have checked all you have suggested. And the answer is not there. I want re-do my voicemail  complete set up as was on day one. 

Maybe delete/desactivate and ask CS to reprovision your SIM with voicemail again?

barrascuk

@t_p 

@Anonymous 

@Triguy 

I have checked all you have suggested. And the answer is not there. I want re-do my voicemail  complete set up as was on day one. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@barrascuk wrote:

Is there a way to totally re-do your voice mail? I don't mean to reset my password. I want to reset all of the voicemail options. 

Have you checked thru all these topics to see what you need?

Help Articles (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Need Help? Let's chat.