cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started Subscription as eSIM then found out phone doesn't support eSIM, convert activation to SIM?

Hewis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I used my wife's phone's IMEI number right within the Public Mobile website to check if her phone supported eSIM. The website came back as eSIM supported, so I signed up for the $34/month plan for her on eSIM.

Once I downloaded the Public Mobile app on her phone, we found out the phone DOES NOT support eSIM. Fair enough, we went and purchased a physical SIM, however, the activation process on the Public Mobile app is still stuck on the eSIM activation.

All we get is the message "this device is not eSIM compatible" when we load the app and try to activate. We even talked with @Silvo_M or whatever his name is, and he just told us to get a SIM and activate it... WELL HOW?!

Do I have to uninstall the app and reinstall it, or is there another way to activate this SIM outside of the app which is locked to eSIM?

Please help, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Hewis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, I have asked for this switch in activation type... The agent just asked me to get a SIM, which I did purchase at a Telus kiosk. I hope they are changing the account to physical SIM behind the scenes. 

I will enquire again today, thanks!

@Hewis wrote:

I used my wife's phone's IMEI number right within the Public Mobile website to check if her phone supported eSIM. The website came back as eSIM supported, so I signed up for the $34/month plan for her on eSIM.

Once I downloaded the Public Mobile app on her phone, we found out the phone DOES NOT support eSIM. Fair enough, we went and purchased a physical SIM, however, the activation process on the Public Mobile app is still stuck on the eSIM activation.

All we get is the message "this device is not eSIM compatible" when we load the app and try to activate. We even talked with @Silvo_M or whatever his name is, and he just told us to get a SIM and activate it... WELL HOW?!

Do I have to uninstall the app and reinstall it, or is there another way to activate this SIM outside of the app which is locked to eSIM?

Please continue discussing this with the customer support agents. They will need to change the activation to be set to a physical SIM.  You can either ask if a customer support agent can have one sent to you or one can be purcahse from a corporately-ran Telus store.

Need Help? Let's chat.