cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam emails from PM

ScottJohnson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear PM

I never signed up for your promotion crap, please piss off. Customers shouldn't have to click on the "unsubscribe" link when we didn't subscribe in the first place.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

I have never received an email from PM. 

I have from the Community.....but turned them all off. 

@stevenanto 

They do...by activating with pm you agree to recieving promotional emails from them. In reality we recieve exceptionally few....community emails are another story altogether.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get how they can get annoying, most of the time site have a box that you can check upon signup about receiving promotional offers. They should do the same. 

@BKNS27 

I have a feeling that it is the community email messages that are "spamming" the OP. I had turned them off from my darlicious profile or I would have been inundated but since I generally don't like  being emailed I had unsubscribed before I had ever posted. A few months later I created @maximum_gato for my other account as a back up and posted one time in a very popular contest thread. A few days later I check that seldom used email to find almost 500 emails from pm telling me so and so posted in......a quickly unsubscribed emails from that profile as well.

@ScottJohnson 

I don't recommend unsubscribng from regular pm emails. They are few and far between amounting to maybe 4 per year. Although text messages from pm are more frequent unsubscribing from them means missing out on the occasional text promotions and freebies like the 1000 min and 5gb add ons most bc and alberta customers recieved last august.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@ScottJohnson Go to the top right corner on this Community page.

Tap on your icon>setting>enable Don’t want to receive emails from Community. 

Also unclick the box on your post: Email when someone replies.

That won't stop maketing messages. There is no link betrween those and the Community e-mail setting.

I find them mildly humorous because they address me as the fake name I use in my self-serve account. (Not the community account) So that also makes it obvious to me where they are getting their name / email address list from for their campaigns. 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ScottJohnson Go to the top right corner on this Community page.

Tap on your icon>setting>enable Don’t want to receive emails from Community. 

Also unclick the box on your post: Email when someone replies.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I am pretty certain there is a fine print for somewhere when you setup the account telling you there some email might sent to you.   This is a very common practice in Canada now.  If not, they will get into trouble with the CASL (Canada Anti Spam Legislation).  If you think PM does not follow that, you can report it here:  Home - Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (fightspam.gc.ca)

Anyway, use the options provided above to unsubscribe 

**Honest, I never really receive too many email from PM.   If I have complain, probably the SMS reminder about my payment even though I already setup Autopay.   🙂  

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @ScottJohnson 

You can unsubscribe from getting these e-mails.

You can also text back STOP from any texts from Public you get which you no longer wish to receive.

You can also select this from your Community account to further prevent e-mails.

Go under your user avatar top right, go down to My Settings, and click box to stop Community e-mails:

HALIMACS_0-1615642217195.png

@ScottJohnson 

Another option would be to block e-mail messages from that address.  Public Mobile doesn't usually send e-mail messages very often, and when they do, I find that they are unnecessary messages, so you won't be missing much.  Public Mobile notifies customers of changes on the Community website or by text message, and I have never been contacted by Public Mobile for anything other than an occassional survey.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ScottJohnson wrote:

Dear PM

I never signed up for your promotion crap, please piss off. Customers shouldn't have to click on the "unsubscribe" link when we didn't subscribe in the first place.

Thanks.

@ScottJohnson ,

If you are talking about emails you are receiving, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of the page:

esjliv_0-1615643464524.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ScottJohnson 

As you've stated, you can unsubscribe from getting these e-mails.   

I agree, users shouldn't have to OPT OUT of getting items if they have never OPTED IN the first place - too many companies follow this trend and it's bothersome.

You can also text back STOP from any texts from Public you get which you no longer wish to receive.

You can also select this from your Community account to further prevent e-mails relating to your Community activity.

Go under your user avatar top right, go down to My Settings, and click box to stop Community e-mails:

HALIMACS_0-1615642217195.png

Need Help? Let's chat.