cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call from many users

briannguyen92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I signed up for my Public Mobile plan around 1 month ago. Recently, I have been receiving a lot of spam call from unknown users. I have never given out my phone number for anyone. Does it have to do with my mobile plan or is it anything else? What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much! 

17 REPLIES 17

@briannguyen92 wrote:

It's an iphone 12 

With iPhone, consider using Silent Unknow caller..

(update: I forgot the link, silly me:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099

Before you turn on Silence Unknown Callers, make sure you have important contacts saved or you could miss a phone call that you don’t want to miss. The call will still go to voicemail and appear in your recent calls list, but you won’t get a notification while the call is ringing.

My biggest annoyance with junk calls was if you ignore or decline the calls, then having to call into my voicemail to delete inevitable junk voicemails...

Lenny is fun, but my "simplest" recommendation currently probably to set your voicemail to use a free YouMail account, where your voicemails are emailed to you with a sound file attachment, text transcription, and caller ID information. Super quick to glance at my email and swipe-delete a junk voicemail notification email, or to see a legit caller I didn't know that left a real message.

I've had my own incidents of directing my own car dealership and others in volunteer organizations I'm a part of unwittingly to Lenny that I had to appologize for LOL!

briannguyen92

Perfect thanks!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@briannguyen92 wrote:

My phone number is brand new. Yeah it does suck, I will try changing my number, hopefully it will be better. 

@briannguyen92 

if you have a new number I would say to change your number will be the best option,

How Changing Your Number

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number 

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Perfect. 

Check your DO NOT DISTURB options here. 

Settings => Do Not Disturb

There are options to only allow calls during certain hours

Disallow any calls that are NOT in your contact list

Disallow calls but allow if caller calls you x times with in x minutes

Disallow calls except from favourites. 

briannguyen92

It's an iphone 12 

briannguyen92

Will do, thank you so much! 

barrascuk

But there is no guarantee a new number will not be a recycled number. So the sooner you start to control your self....the better. And forget about using the Do Not Call list. Your own efforts will give you the best results. Also there are options on your phone to reject calls based on time of day or if the callers number is not in your contacts list.  

What kind of phone do you have?

briannguyen92

My phone number is brand new. Yeah it does suck, I will try changing my number, hopefully it will be better. 

barrascuk

Also keep in mind that a blocked call may still wind up in your voice mail. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@briannguyen92 : Did you transfer in an existing number? Or did you select a number from here?

If from here then perhaps you found a number that is on calling lists. Sucks to be you. Probably the best thing to do would be to pick another number. Preferably a new, never used number. I did that about a year ago and have only just recently started to get junk calls. I answer everything so now they know it's an active number. Sigh.

barrascuk

Just lately I have had more calls from fake CRA and Westjet. So you are not likely the only one. 

briannguyen92

Thankss

barrascuk

@briannguyen92 wrote:

Hi, I signed up for my Public Mobile plan around 1 month ago. Recently, I have been receiving a lot of spam call from unknown users. I have never given out my phone number for anyone. Does it have to do with my mobile plan or is it anything else? What can I do to fix this? Thank you very much! 

Have your contacts list up to date with everyone you know. Family, friends, enemies, lovers, ex lovers, businesses, dentist, Dr etc. Then just keep blocking all unwanted calls. And of course be suspicios of any call with no name on caller ID that comes from your contact list. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@briannguyen92 

ignore and delete is best way...

Need Help? Let's chat.