cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry ,your login has been disabled

BullDogPup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm on a monthly plan but prepaid in a lump sum earlier this year.  I decided that I needed to top up the payment for my account but when I tried to login I got the "Sorry, your login has been disabled" message.  Researching the community posts suggests that it's because of lack of payment.  Since it's a phone I rarely use, it is possible that I've used up the cash that was available for my account. ( I can't remember when I last topped it up)  Thing is, I just checked and my phone is still active. I'm stumped.  I'd really like to get in and make a payment so I don't end up having to buy a new sim or change my phone number.  Any ideas?

21 REPLIES 21

@BullDogPup 

Exactly! I do love a good freebie....lol...I'm kind of hoarding them in my account(s)!

BullDogPup

And that's why you're The Mayor!!  😉 I just checked out the post on those offers.  Sounds good.  After all, who doesn't like free stuff you can actually use?

@BullDogPup 

If you don't get the text or do and get no reply to your YES and don't see the add ons added to your account by the 15th of December just fire up your private messages again and contact customer support to have them add the holiday gifts to your account.

BullDogPup

Just checked my phone and the only text I have is the one that was sent containing the code I needed to get myself unlocked.  I think I did see something on the start up page about Christmas offers though.  Never took the time to actually see what that was about......... Too busy freaking out and trying to get myself unlocked.  😁  Thanks for letting me know to be on the lookout.

@BullDogPup 

Dont worry Ive been in your shoes....look at me now mama! I'm a Mayor! A Mayor I tells ya!

BullDogPup

Thank you!!  It's reassuring to know that there's a community ready to help me navigate my way through this when need be.  Makes it much less intimidating, especially with a service provider that requires the customer to be more hands on than some of the others.

@BullDogPup 

Thanks for the update. Did you get your holiday gifts offer text from public mobile and reply YES to it? Theres a glitch delaying both the text and/or the holiday add on gifts being added to your account. But I thought I would mention it while you are online so you don't think it's a scam. The text comes from 4911.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BullDogPup : Thanks for the update. I only recall one other mention of the profile address having anything to do with a payment card. I otherwise don't think it matters. But you're good to go so all good.

BullDogPup

Disaster averted, thanks largely to everyone that replied to my post and helped me obtain the information I needed.  Dialing 611 let me know that my account wasn't completely dead and reaching out to an awesome CS rep pinpointed and helped me fix the problem. 

For some reason, my profile had some crucial information that was missing/flagged as needing to be updated.  This included my mailing address which in turn meant that my credit card address couldn't be confirmed.  How or why this happened I don't know.  My account had been working fine for the months prior.  The important thing is that the problem is now resolved and I can breath easy again.  Being new to this, I'm not sure how or where to post in order to let everyone know that there is no longer an issue with my account..... and to say thank you of course!  Hope they'll see it here.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BullDogPup 

I'm glad we could help. I was only worried you were on day 90 and about to be deactivated....like within the hour.Thats why I asked about the spare sim card as time was of the essence if deactivation was imminent.

I knew nothing of technology when I first switched to pm and the community has helped me immensely! Feel free to come here anytime and ask any question you might have. The community is very friendly and extremely helpful. We can help guide you along your way so you can gain knowledge and confidence navigating the world of technology and being ble to manage your account, service and that tiny computer we call a phone nowadays.

Don't worry I can't stand that smarmy Simple--Simon guy myself and always opt to contact customer support via private message....its much less frustrating and just as effective.

FYI...if you would like to direct your reply to a certain member you can tag them by tapping the "@" key and a pop up box will appear with members usernames. If you dont see the member's name just keep typing it out til it appears and tap on it.

Welcome to the community! We are always happy to help!

BullDogPup

This is why I was trying to login to my account.... so that wouldn't happen.  I don't often use this phone and forgot when I had last topped it up.  My phone is still active so I thought I had best add another prepayment before I got into trouble but can't login to do so.  611 tells me my next payment is due on the 13th.  I'm waiting to hear back from a CS agent now.  Fingers crossed!

BullDogPup

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  No spare sim card but I did try 611 and was told my next payment was due the 13th of this month.  Waiting for a reply from a CS agent right now. 

BullDogPup

Just tried the 611 and I can get basic account information.  It says my next payment is due on the 13th of this month.  It also gives me the option to make a payment over the phone but I really don't want to do that until I figure out what's happening with my account login.  I have a private message in to a CS agent right now so I'll see what he/she comes back with before I decide either way.  Thanks for the reply though.  Until I posted here, I had no idea that 611 was even a thing!

BullDogPup

Thank you very much for taking the time to send such a detailed email.  Since I'm almost completely tech illiterate, I've opted to private message a CS agent.  (the chat bot and I didn't get along!)  I'm now waiting to hear back so will update to this post when I know anything.

BullDogPup

Thank you for the very detailed message.  I'm old and pretty well technology illiterate so listing all the options and steps the way you did definitely made this easier.  I just sent off a private message to a CS agent and included all the information you listed as required.  Now we wait and hope that the agent will be able to hold my hand through whatever process I need to go through. 

Thank you again for taking the time to write a very clear and concise reply!  I'll let you know how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BullDogPup 

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

you can try Forgot your password visit Here link, and enter your email address,

check your email spam,

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

and them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So your phone is working for outgoing and incoming calls/texts?

only login is disabled. If yes, then use forgot your password and see if you get the reset password email. If you do, reset the password and try again. 

Contact Support agents to reset it manually after authorizing your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BullDogPup wrote:

I'm on a monthly plan but prepaid in a lump sum earlier this year.  I decided that I needed to top up the payment for my account but when I tried to login I got the "Sorry, your login has been disabled" message.  Researching the community posts suggests that it's because of lack of payment.  Since it's a phone I rarely use, it is possible that I've used up the cash that was available for my account. ( I can't remember when I last topped it up)  Thing is, I just checked and my phone is still active. I'm stumped.  I'd really like to get in and make a payment so I don't end up having to buy a new sim or change my phone number.  Any ideas?

@BullDogPup  - After being in 90 days of non-pay suspended status you lose your phone number, account, any rewards and Available Funds that were in the account, and also access to your Self Serve account.

Is this your situation?

@BullDogPup 

If this is your 90th day since active service your account could be in the process of being cancelled and deactivated. Do you have access to a spare unactivated sim card?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BullDogPup 

Call 611 from your phone and see if you can get your basic account details. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@BullDogPup wrote:

@BullDogPup 

Try calling 611 , what message you get? 
If you've forgotten your credentials to login to the account, you'll need CS for help:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"
or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.
After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.