Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your account activation request has failed

nayeemzen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I tried porting my number from Virgin Mobile and got this message: 

Sorry, your account activation request has failed but I got an email saying:

Hello Jingling,

We’re excited to have you as a new Public Mobile customer.  Here’s some important information about your account:

- Your 4-digit PIN has been successfully registered. You may need it to make changes to your account.
- Your Self Serve account has been successfully created. You will need your email address when logging in to Self Serve.

1. My name is spelt wrong: its Jinglin not Jingling
2. I tried logging into self serve but the login fails, can't even reset the password with my email.

Can you guys help me? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

@nayeemzen Two more things to check:

- does your phone work when the Virgin SIM is installed?

- what message do you see on the phone with the PM SIM installed; No SIM, No Service,Enter Code ,...?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Tagging @Mary_M to step in and help. Sounds like a failed activation. In the meantime, please send her your account information (email, phone number, sim card #) in a private message.

You should also remove your name from the forums as it is a public place that anyone can see.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

This sounds like something a moderator can help you with with.  I'll flag @Shazia_K here for you.

Make sure you power-off, remove SIM for a minute and power back on.  I don't think this will do the trick for you, but you never know.  It depends at what point something went wrong in your signup process.

Cheers,

Neil

nayeemzen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When trying to create a self-serve account again with the number I chose to be ported over:

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

When I try to reset my password, I get: 

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

The sim does not work. Can you assist? Thanks!

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

Is your phone working normally with your new, PM SIM card?

Have you tried re-creating your self serve account?

Let us know how it goes.  If all else fails we'll get a moderator involved.

Cheers,

Neil 

Need Help? Let's chat.