cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your 4-digit PIN was not accepted

JoshH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just tried to port over my number from Chatr. I got the above error message, but also said the process was complete?

I can send and recieve SMS and make outgoing calls, but I cannot recieve phone calls. 

Can someone please advise how to proceed from here?

9 REPLIES 9

primo2018
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

48 hours now with no service and no support. Welcome to Public Mobile! Haha

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, @primo2018, If you sent in you private message yesterday, they will hopefully get to your issue today.  Hang in there.

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It does sound like a stuck port that will require follow-up with a moderator.

I found myself in a similar situation when I ported my # from Bell to PM. The issue was resolved by a moderator in a couple of hours.

Don't give up on PM. 

primo2018

would be nice if you answered @CS_Agent . Nobody has responded to my messages about my failed port yesterday and I am stuck with no incoming calls, Great welcome to my new provider. Think someone will ever help me out ? Service is paid ! Help !

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

kwokamole

Hello,

When the error message came up, was it when you were creating a PIN for your public account or putting in your PIN for your Chatr account?  

It would make a difference to help solve your question.  

When I signed up with Public Mobile I received a text message (on my old phone / carrier) with the PIN that I created for the Public account.  

Identifying which PIN issue it is would probably help with figuring out the problem. 

Cheers!

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I ported from Chatr and it went smoothly. You probably entered the wrong support PIN for Chatr (You should have that when you get Chatr, plus it should also tell you the PIN in My Chatr online), thus your port is broken. Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time).

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

@JoshH wrote:

Hi,

I just tried to port over my number from Chatr. I got the above error message, but also said the process was complete?

I can send and recieve SMS and make outgoing calls, but I cannot recieve phone calls. 

Can someone please advise how to proceed from here?

First off, call Chatr customer service and ask for your accoint number.  Trying to port with just the PIN is asking for torouble in most cases, at least in my opinion.  And don't bother using the Chatr PIN for porting.  Use only the account number.

As for your incoming calls and texts, just keep using your Chatr service for now.

Once you get your Chatr account number contact Moderator_Team by private message.  To verify your account information, you need to provide your name, phone number, and Public Mobile account PIN.  In that same message, also include your Chatr account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.