cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

nursepav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am calling a local toronto number and i'm getting Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on. I also cant accept calls or texts. my number isxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

25 REPLIES 25

Simon_O
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey there!

I just sent you a Private Message 🙂

Please do not include private information in a public message!

Thank you,

Simon

killuminationz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm also having this problem I'm trying to make calls first to my voicemail and it says that it is not covered and that I do not have a long distance booster when actually I do. I just topped up today and no service will work for me. No calls and no data also my account is not showing that I have 2gb can you please resume my service back to my settings? @mediator_team my phone # is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx please help

nursepav

Unbelievable, over 2 weeks now with no answer from public mobile or any of the mods.

nursepav

I apreciate it but over the last week i lost probably $1000 worth of business, not worth saving a few dollars a month.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
plan Then I'd just send an email stating what you'd want. That way you have a ticket number. I still think it's worth the wait. I hope you'll reconsider, think of the future savings

nursepav

I rather just keep it civil and get a refund

Rockdaddy22
Then do a chargeback and wait 3 months for your credit company to deal with it.

nursepav

I have waited 8 days now (no imcoming or outgoing tex/calls or data), no mod messaged me, and no one emailed me back from public mobile. I have prepaid 3 months already and I demand a full refund for those months. I have ported my number over to Chatr because this is unacceptable to have this bad of tech/customer service when there is a problem with your phone, and it appears to be because of a problem on your end. I require my phone for work, and I cannot be without it. I probably lost over $1000 worth of business that I could of had due to this issue. I want a full refund for 3 months, and I want it refunded back to me visa within 10 days or I will be calling visa and doing a chargeback. I am finished with this company.

Rockdaddy22
@nursepav @wedgey You should start your own threads, put in the title how many days it's been. Also PM me the links if you do end up starting a thread, if you don't mind

wedgey

Yea. I believe the Mods are completely backlogged. I've been without service for 10 days now and none of my PMs have even been read.

Hopefully they can find a batch fix for everyone.

nursepav

This is nuts, i'm without my phone for 4 days now.

jennart23
I have the same issue for 5 days now. I sent a lot emails with no response. This is totally unacceptable.

nursepav

I've had that number for 3 months with no issues, once the new billing cycle happened it keeps telling me to get a long distance plan for every call i make and i cannot call, text or have data. I contacted 4 mediators already but no ones responding. This is extremely frustrating as I need access to my phone for my job.

Rockdaddy22
Of course it should already be, but it's not.

Rockdaddy22
It's happen before, usually the tech guys get on it. I just wish the promo was nationwide for $135, that way we'd avoid most of this nonsense.

Whether or not an area code is new, it should already be added to the database before the numbers are released! I thought PM used Telus' network... but it seems the only thing being used are the cellphone towers... Robot Frustrated

I've got this error for toll-free numbers, but it said the call couldn't be completed. I remember getting those errors when I was with Vonage for voip alternate/fax line, but never on my cellphone (mind you I did have Canada-wide)!

Rockdaddy22
That's exactly correct geek 🙂

@nursepav wrote:

I am calling a local toronto number and i'm getting Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on. I also cant accept calls or texts. my number is 437 580 xxxx

Don't post your entire phone number like that.  Anyone can see it, and automated scripts are used by some robo-dialing companies to collect this type of information.  As I mentioned in the other thread that you started, because 437 is very new, Public Mobile's database of phone numbers doesn't realize that your phone number is from Toronto and thinks that it is from a different province.  You need to contact a Public Mobile moderator and have them correct this on their end.

Try dialling +1 before the 10 digit number.

Rockdaddy22

I believe his is a problem with a specific area code. I'd start a new thread.

wedgey

I assumed they are related since any outgoing calls leads to it telling me I need a LD plan to make the call.

Rockdaddy22
You guys havery different issuethan yhe OP.

wedgey

Same here. I haven't had any kind of cell service for a week now. No data, voice, nor text.

I've PM'd the mods about my renewal issue a week ago but haven't heard any response yet.

space009

I am also getting the same problem out here in BC. Calling (and recieving calls) doesn't work (actually goes straight to voicemail). I can't access my voicemail as well. Texting/data is working fine though. This all started after I changed plans to the November special - everything worked fine after porting from Virgin about 3 months ago. Any ideas? I have already sent a PM to a mod and haven't had any response (been four days now). Thanks!

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You have to pm a mod to get it fixed. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

I myself have the same problem and waited 6 days so far, still not fixed yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.