cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Son's phone lost

MamaMia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son lost his phone. I want to cancel his subscription or get a new SIM card. But here is the trouble:

1) when I log in, I only see my daughter's phone number (I have a phone number for each of them through Public Mobile)

2) I don't understand the billing? I look at my billing history and it lists the amount I am paying for her, then right underneath that it says "top up" with the same amount a second time. Is that for the second phone number? It's totally unclear. 

3) I don't know how to cancel his number because it is not showing under my account. Only her number.

I'd like to talk to a human being and the chatbot is no help. Getting frustrated trying to understand this account 😞

12 REPLIES 12

@MamaMia  I’m confident , and fingers crossed !

HI @SunnyJ123   those Walmart sales are working for the carriers they try to sell

PM has removed all retail channels and hence those Walmart sales properly won't help, and might not have the knowledge to PM system to help

Community support and submit ticket really are the best ways

SunnyJ123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you do want to talk to a representative rather than a AI you could always stop by at walmart, there is a tech person there that can support your needs. They seem to have a lot more expertise in this issue as well.

MamaMia

Thank you! I messaged them and hopefully can get it sorted. I think you are right that I never created an account. Funny enough, my welcome email from when we first signed up, lists his number. Not hers. But when I log in with that email is shows her number, not his. hmmmm lol

@MamaMia  If you had set up the account I store  it’s possible you never created a my account .. so I that case you would need support to help create the account .. so your on the right track 

@MamaMia wrote:

I am sure I've never set up an account for my son. I set it up in store, and both of my receipts for both phone numbers have my same email listed on them. I tried a "forgot password" with every email I could think of (three of mine, my son's, my daughter's, my ex-husband's lol) and nothing worked. I tried to submit a ticket from the chatbot and got a 404 error. I'll try your link, thank you!

Hi @MamaMia Yes, in the old days, account setup is option after store activation.

CS agent should reply shortly , but in case no reply tomorrow morning, message them again.  They have been busy with all the problems on the new upgrade  

so, you planning to buy new PM sim card and stay? if you are , get a PM sim from Telus or Koodo stores 

MamaMia

I am sure I've never set up an account for my son. I set it up in store, and both of my receipts for both phone numbers have my same email listed on them. I tried a "forgot password" with every email I could think of (three of mine, my son's, my daughter's, my ex-husband's lol) and nothing worked. I tried to submit a ticket from the chatbot and got a 404 error. I'll try your link, thank you!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MamaMia  Public Mobile only supports one account per phone number so you son's account must have been setup using another email account or an alias of the email that was used to setup your daughters account.

If you can't remember then login using your daughter's account select the CHABOT  type Contact Us then select Submit a Ticket and explain the problem including your son's phone number and PIN.

Hope this helps!.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MamaMia  is your son going to stay with PM? you don't need to cancel the account.  You will need to buy a new sim cad and login to My Account of his and then change sim card there

When you login, you only see your daughter's number because PM needs a unique email for each account, you need different email for different account.   You can use Forgot login there to try different email address

if you are sure you never setup a My Account for your son, maybe you activated in store? Then you will need CS agent to help to create an account for your son, then you can either canel the Autopay to cancel the account, or as I said earlier, buy new sim card and change sim card there

You can submit ticket with CS agent.  They will message you back (instead of really talk to you on phone):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MamaMia  For your sons line if you want to cancel you can 611 if you know PIN number and disable auto pay , or if you can remember his email sign in and disable it …. If you want to keep his line get a new SIM card and you can SIM card swap the number in my account if your able to log in or you will need supports help to regain access to it and change email if needed … and at same time ask support to SIM card wrap the number … but you need a SIM card first … if this is the route you wanna take you can order on Amazon or calll around to local Telus Koodo stores for in stock 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MamaMia , each account can support a single line.  You should have a different account for your son's line.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MamaMia  No each account would have its own email and number , you cannot have mutilple phone lines on one account 

Need Help? Let's chat.