cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something's amiss - us roaming?

WrinkledCheeze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever I try to call someone I get this message:

Public mobile here sorry your number cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try again.

When someone tries to call me, they get (from a Rogers phone): sorry cannot be completed because your plan does not include a US roaming add-on please visit public mobile / self-serve to change your plan.

I'm in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.  So there shouldn't be any US towers within 3850km.  Considering 5G had a theoretical limit of 5km, that's ~750 times the range for a US towers.  Who knows, maybe Florida man feed his 5g tower some meth.

Can someone please look into this issue?  I've already tried power cycling.

Also, why did I have to pick a new nickname for the forum?

6 REPLIES 6

WrinkledCheeze

I tried creating a ticket but it gave me an error.  I accessed it via chat bot.

How do I create a ticket regarding linking my account to get my proper display name?

WrinkledCheeze

It came up properly.  Had to reboot to get data.  Thanks!

@WrinkledCheeze 

are you with the legacy rewards?

Please check your Payment history again
https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

PM should have applied the discount one day  ahead of the renewal date and it should be in your Available Fund before you make the payment

Just in case they really miss, message support here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

WrinkledCheeze

I checked and you are correct.  My automatic payment didn't go through.  Also trying to pay now I'm not getting my auto payments discount or loyalty discount.  I have enough to cover it with the discounts but not enough without the discounts.  It should have gone through automatically.  This is twice now automatic payments didn't go through and I had to manually intervene.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@WrinkledCheeze  Try rebooting your phone or reset network settings . Is it possible for you to test SIM card in another phone ? . Also log into your account or dial *611 is your account active or on hold ?

adding if you picked a new community ID . It’s that ever safe had trouble linking your account . Submit ticket with support to get your old community ID back 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WrinkledCheeze 

The "US roaming" error recording is likely a wrong recording to your situation.  However, with that recording, it usually indicates either your account  or your friend's account, if he/she also with PM/Koodo/Telus,  is currently suspended. 

So, please try this yourself and possibly reach out to your friend and have him/she to try to  login My Account once more using Incognito mode and confirm your account status

If status shows Suspended, make a payment to resume service

If it shows Active,  try reboot the phone and click  Reset All Networks (Please note that will delete your saved Wifi as well, but you can easily add it back after)

If that still does not work, please message support for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.