cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some calls going directly to voicemail

PatrickLi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having issues for past few months where some calls are going directly to voicemail - no log of call at all on my phone.

I have noted that the missing calls seem to be mostly from businesses that have a central phone system such as doctors, dentist, car dealership, financial institution. Other one to one calls seem to work fine.

Have tried all usual troubleshooting and placed service call twice where they said they did something but i couldn't confirm it worked until someone called again from one of those businesses - which is not frequent.

Not sure if this is a Volte issue per some other forum topics? I have Samsung Note 9 which is not listed as VoLTE compatible.

This is getting ridiculous as my doctor can't even call me for my telephone appointment without it going right to voicemail.

Any thoughts aside from opening another ticket, which I have tried but I simply keep getting an Error Message each and every time.

7 REPLIES 7

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do experience the same but all calls ending in my vmail box WITHOUT ringing a phone are from spammers: 'your ups package cannot be delivered', and similar.

I guess spammers found a way to get to you so you do not slam a phone on them or use few chosen words...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PatrickLi wrote:

Having issues for past few months where some calls are going directly to voicemail - no log of call at all on my phone.

I have noted that the missing calls seem to be mostly from businesses that have a central phone system such as doctors, dentist, car dealership, financial institution. Other one to one calls seem to work fine.

Have tried all usual troubleshooting and placed service call twice where they said they did something but i couldn't confirm it worked until someone called again from one of those businesses - which is not frequent.

Not sure if this is a Volte issue per some other forum topics? I have Samsung Note 9 which is not listed as VoLTE compatible.

This is getting ridiculous as my doctor can't even call me for my telephone appointment without it going right to voicemail.

Any thoughts aside from opening another ticket, which I have tried but I simply keep getting an Error Message each and every time.

@PatrickLi - 3 phones in the household that experience the same issue? Calls can go to voicemail when the connection is weak. If you are in a different area do the calls go through?

If always the same result, or random in the same area, submit that ticket to CSA to tell them 3 accounts are performing the same way.

For your reference, you can use the “Get Help” section at the top of the screen above: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help, and in the “Start your Search here” box type 'customer support' to get two methods to Contact a Customer Support Agent (CSA) with Public Mobile.

Use the 2nd method to private message Customer Support.

@PatrickLi what phone do you and your family have??

is it better when you are in another area?

try changing your ohone's Preferred network type or network mode to 3G only (WCDMA) and see if it helps

if yours is a newer phone within 2 years , try enabling VOLTE on the phone and use the 4G LTE network 

@PatrickLi  You mentioned  the wife and brother have same issues . Do you all live close by and are you all only affected when at home ..and not so much when in the city . Assuming your all in the country .or outskirts of town 

PatrickLi

Yes have tried them all.

PatrickLi

And to add further, my wife and brother both have public mobile phones and experience the same issue, so likely not a phone issue.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PatrickLi  Is it possible to try the SIM card in another phone and see if services work properly. Also maybe try to reset network settings and reboot the device 

Need Help? Let's chat.