cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I am pretty sure we are throttled in everything... Worst is the voice limits

Tomuchwork
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I moved over from Koodo and while I can't really complain as it is saving my some money now. However I feel I can say with utmost certainty we are throttled in some regards. My speeds tests have been slower then usual, but still faster than 3G, so again it is more than usable.

However when it comes to voice calls this is a totally another story. After roughly 2hrs 15-20 min on Public Mobile it ends the call. This reminds me of when I was with Wind briefly and they disconnected your call after 2hrs...

Koodo never EVER disconnected a call on me. And honestly I am blown away that a Telus owned provider has to stoop to this... Almost regretting switching ALMOST... but this is really bad...

42 REPLIES 42

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No it isn't. You should be able to talk all you want

cnguyen1994

I think 2 hours is sufficient

Rockdaddy22
Let's see this proof about PM being slower than Koodo. 2hour talk limit, I highly doubt it's true.

Emshumi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think its congestion more than anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong I recall Telus being on a entirely CDMA network.  Rogers had an established GSM network.  There was some order by the CRTC for Rogers to share their GSM network with other providers?  Once this happened Telus was able to support GSM headsets and provide 3G?

Did Telus ever build their own GSM network? Or are they still piggy-backing of Rogers?

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Are we really complaining about only being able to be on the phone for 2 hours per call. Common people.

SD08

I haven't tried a call that long on PM yet, but at least 2+ hours sounds like it could cover most calls.  Not nearly as bad as some VOIP services, such as NetTalk.  So there I am, in the hold queue with my bank or some other business for 14 minutes, when the agent finally answers, I go through my verification with them, and then...dial tone.  Smiley Frustrated  Doesn't happen every time, just on the more important calls, it seems.

majsiddiqui
2+ hours of talk time? 🤔

Man, if I ever was in such situation, I would be looking for excuses to disconnect the call.

This one time I was on a phone call it lasted 1 hour 45 minutes, and I was ready to flush my phone down the toilet.

Tomuchwork

Ya I agree, but like I said it is still fast enough to consume media. It's the limit on talk time I can't get over... does this seriously not bother anyone else? I didn't read anywhere about talk time limitations requiring an actual call back just like on Wind...

bryanbreguet
I think the evidence at this point is pretty clear: we get either throttled, don't get priority for the tower, etc. Speed is indeed fine but it's slower than Koodo or Telus. We have plenty of evidence of that, it's not a conspiracy theory.

Tomuchwork

We can debate all day about speeds like I said for me they are still more than fine.

It's the 2hr and a xx minute talk limitation that is blowing me away.

Rockdaddy22
Just got 40 down and 31 up

Rockdaddy22
I'm sorry but I call bull. Me and a few friends have been with Koodo in the past and don't notice a difference
Need Help? Let's chat.