cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds on 4G plan

jtos14mb14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've seen other people ask about slow speeds on 4G. My situation is a bit different.

My wife and I both recently switched from 3G to 4G plans. Prior to the switch on her phone (iPhone 13) the 3G data was so slow it was almost unusable. Took forever to load anything, no matter where she was (besides wifi). Since she switched to 4G, it's been fine. Before I switched (iPhone 13 Pro) mine was what you'd expect on 3G; slow, but it worked eventually. If we were right next to each other, mine would load the page and she'd be waiting forever for the same page to come up. Now that I've switched to 4G my phone is way slower than hers. I've had a few times where the page times out and says it can't load. I did a speed test around that time and download was fine - right around 100 Mbps. I checked settings and data is on Auto and I'm normally showing either LTE or 5G. Data roaming is on and Data Mode is set to standard. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jtos14mb14 

if you're still experiencing issues after a network reset I would contact customer support to reset the network on their end. they'll ask you to remove the sim etc. etc. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jtos14mb14 

First, click Reset Network settings and test

then try to test the different network mode, try Automatic, try 4G and see which one works better

Also, test in different places and see if speed is good. You might want to use speed test app to confirm 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jtos14mb14 , 

There are so many reasons why data can be slow. My suggestion is to go into your Network settings, Cellular and turn off automatic and pick Public Mobile then reboot. See if that helps. If not, come on back and we'll keep figuring it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.