cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow (don't stop) my data when I reach my cap

heymcfly_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've noticed that at least one of PM's major competitors offers a very similar plan to the one I have now, with one key difference: the competitor's plan SLOWS data down (quite a lot, I believe down to 64 kbps, but good enough for instant messaging etc) instead of stopping data altogether. Why doesn't PM offer the same thing?

14 REPLIES 14

the does the competitor offer rewards like PM does?   Each brand has their strengths and weeknesses. 

your options are:

• pick the company that best suits your needs. 
  • pick a plan that with enough data so you dont run out
  • if you feel you are going to  run out then ask mods to renew your plan early
  • buy a data addon.

Elleey13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can try asking if they could match it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Elleey13 wrote:

You can try asking if they could match it.

@Elleey13 FYI, there is zero price matching or negotiation at Public Mobile.  This is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get-and-what-you-don't-see-is-what-you-don't-get kind of a provider.  The plans are what they are, take them or leave them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@heymcfly_ wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I don't bother with trying to convince a service provider to accommodate my needs.  

Why not? That's how you stimulate a competitive marketplace. And ultimately the customer always wins when there's more competition.

@heymcfly_ FYI what you're asking for actually amounts to less choice and IMHO less competition.  We see enough of the big 3 copying each other over and over, and their flanker brands do the same--just look at all the 'competitive respnose' promo plans we've seen here from PM over the past 6-12 months as an example.  They are matching whatever Chatr and Lucky do enough already; maybe the way it works here works better for some people than what you're asking for?  Maybe we want that choice?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

heymcfly_ , these threads have been merged.  Members often browse tbe different categories.

Need Help? Let's chat.