cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data speeds

LOLBird
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Running Android 4G capable phone on 5G service.

Speed tests show data is very slow: average 1 to 3 mbps (struggles to load web pages without multiple attempts)

My city has full 5G and 4G coverage, what can I do to get better speeds?

What speeds should I expect from the 4G capable phone? (My understanding is ideally 20 - 50 mbps)

Have done troubleshooting: cleared network settings, clear phone cache partition, restart phone, etc.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

LOLBird

There's more connectivity issues occurring, any suggestions on how to improve would be greatly appreciated 🙂

-Outgoing phone service is sometimes unavailable, will dial and it doesn't do anything just silent and doesn't ring out (within a 4G/3G service area)

-Incoming phone service is regularly not ringing for me (I am missing many of my calls) and don't have them even show up on my call history, but realize they happened as they're going straight to voicemail (within a 5G service area)

-Email accounts are also no longer auto syncing, they used to update every 15 minutes and now I'll get half a day of emails all at once when I connect to Wi-Fi (it doesn't seem to be syncing my emails through cell service).

Any suggestions that I can try?

jorgegonzalez

Same for me on LTE service. It just doesn’t work. Started to think I should switch to a different provider, not really inexpensive if it doesn’t work. 

LOLBird

Hi ComputerGeek, I am on the 5G plan with 60GB cap. Just switched a few day ago from 4G plan. Okay, good to know about the varying speeds, I'll try a test outside later today to see what clear sky speeds are like.

@LOLBird wrote:

Hi PhoneHome, thank you for the reply.

Network mode is currently in "GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect)" - I also have available "GSM/HSPA (auto connect)", "GSM only", and "HSPA only".

I also toggled airplane mode on and off. The data speeds appear to be the same. Any other solutions you'd recommend?

GSM only won't work at all.  GSM/HSPA and HSPA only aren't recommended.  There isn't much network capacity remaining on HSPA.

LOLBird

Hi PhoneHome, thank you for the reply.

Network mode is currently in "GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect)" - I also have available "GSM/HSPA (auto connect)", "GSM only", and "HSPA only".

I also toggled airplane mode on and off. The data speeds appear to be the same. Any other solutions you'd recommend?

@LOLBird wrote:

Running Android 4G capable phone on 5G service.

Speed tests show data is very slow: average 1 to 3 mbps (struggles to load web pages without multiple attempts)

My city has full 5G and 4G coverage, what can I do to get better speeds?

What speeds should I expect from the 4G capable phone? (My understanding is ideally 20 - 50 mbps)

Have done troubleshooting: cleared network settings, clear phone cache partition, restart phone, etc.

Speed results of 1 to 3Mbps shouldn't prevent pages from loading unless the connection is intermitent.  Which plan are you on?  Network conditions can vary greatly and this depnds on your location. This is no set minimum speed number that you can expect.

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi 🙂 . Did you select preferred network type as LTE or 4G? Did you toggle Airplane mode off/on?

Need Help? Let's chat.