cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data on new activation

Joester801
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

anyone having slow internet i just activated the $34 plan 5G 50 GB CAN-USA plan internet is extremely slow speed test showing 0.41 mbs sometimes i can get 1.4 mbps i moved my sim to another phone to rule out my android with same results.

5 REPLIES 5

Joester801

thank you, it was same result outside of the house as well.  I have fido on my other phone which is working as expected.

i will wait for feed back from CS

And ...  was it just in your house @Joester801 

I presume other people with other providers are getting higher speeds in the same vicinity as where you are testing speeds.

If still the same slow speeds, reach out to customer support to have them try an account reprovision.  You should be getting higher speeds.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Joester801

I did go outside and go for a ride outside for a bit to see if it was just in my house.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Joester801 

To be certain, turn off your Wi-Fi switch, go outside, and try the test again.

Be advised that these speed tests can consume as much as 200 MB of data.

RickyTran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched on pixel 4xl LTE - speedtest is 170mb

Need Help? Let's chat.