cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single month or 3 month

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm thinking of buying a SIM card and then getting a monthly or a 3-month plan.

But I'm curious - which one should be better

or do I have any options in buying a single month or a 3 month old to get it

because I don't want to pay a big amount all together for 3 months and just want to go ahead with month to month payments, either manually or pre-authorized payment

14 REPLIES 14

Shubh2023

No doubt, yeah 💯

Shubh2023

Thanks. It's really helpful. Maybe, 30 days plan should be good

Shubh2023

Great input, thanks! Maybe, monthly will be a good option 😉

Shubh2023

Okay cool 😊

Shubh2023

For me, going month to month suits more

I use up data quite a lot, so 50 to 60 gigs can get used in a month so, 30 days plan should be good 👍🏻

Shubh2023

Sure, that is a good option as well!

Shubh2023

Okay sure thanks 👍🏻

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023 

I'd suggest you test-drive PM by starting out with a 30 day plan...then you can make changes for subsequent renewals if you like what you see.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023   I also like the suggestion of first trying out the service for 30 day period, however, schedule the 90 day plan option (at next renewal) immediately after activating on the 30 day cycle just in case PM removes that option before your next payment cycle which you can always cancel before it goes into effect should you decide to stick with the 30 day cycle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Shubh2023 , not all plans offer a 3 month option.  But all available plans have a 30 day option.  I would start with picking the plan the most suits the usage profile and go from there.  If a 30 day plan that suits the needs and happens to have a 90 day option, then going 90 days will generally result in savings which is always nice.  I am on $102/60GB/90 days on several accounts.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Shubh2023 

for 3 months, you save $15 in total.

But you are locked in for 3 months.  If you are new to PM, it is better to try a month first to see if you like. Change to some 3 months plan after the first month if you like it

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023  There’s no way around paying the 90 day plans upfront take the 20GB for $39 30 days or $102 upfront 60GB to use over 90 days saves you $15 over 90 days . But you have to pay that $102 upfront to average $34 every 30 days 

Add but if you chose 30 days plan I think clear choice is the 30GB for $40 5G speed 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shubh2023 

I would suggest using the monthly plan to start. Get used to PM and see how you like it, gauge how much data you actually use in the month. The thing about the 90 day plans is they offer all of the data up front and you have to pay the full three months up front. If you know you won’t burn through all the data quickly, then great. But some might find that they accidentally use up too much data and then have very little to make it through the remainder of the 90 days. 

You can always switch on renewal to a 90-Day plan down the line if you find that you can make it work and want to save the extra money. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You get less flexibility with the 90 day plans. Sure yeah you save $15 over the 90 days for the same feature set (average) but indeed it's a lot of money to put out up front.

Need Help? Let's chat.