sdwway
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wont recognize my sim and im about to burn it

20 REPLIES 20

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sdwway wrote:

@sdwway  - reading this thread, it sounds like you purchased 4 SIMs through the Public Mobile online area, here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/sim-card

If so, and you are saying they will not activate - YET, you activated 2 other ones, that is weird.

I would submit another ticket and request replacements, as long as you are sure the numbers were being entered exactly as they are listed on the SIM card.

Send the CSAs the SIM numbers, they should be able to tell you if these are used or new; or maybe see something else that is up.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@sdwway wrote:

Nope. Burning is all it's good for. Did not use in another phone. Have reseated it a dozen times.

iphone8, never had problems with another provider. 

@sdwway 

Maybe you can ask @J_PM for another review.

If the situation is not resolved, and you feel you've been wronged, your last resort would be filing a complaint with CCTS .

sdwway

Yes I am aware of all of these things. Sorry my message was so brief. The problem is in activating the new number which has to be done with the old Koodo sim in place.

sdwway

Look, the sim card didn't even get in the phone before it was rejected. This occurred at attempted activation.

sdwway

For more specifics: using a brandnew sim card supplied directly from Public mobile. When trying to activate the sim I got the message "please use a valid sim." Contacted customer support, they insisted it was tied to my other account. You know, THE ACCOUNT I DON'T HAVE as I have never been a Public customer, and this is a new sim, and I can't progress to account setup without a working sim. My sanity could manage this but support kept denying they could help without my account number, like it was just a repressed memory.

I ordered a batch of four sim cards as we are moving outside our current provider's coverage area, and two of the four had invalid numbers. Two of the sims seemed to be fine and our numbers have left their old accounts, but we still don't have service. Yes I'm restarting the phones and reseating the cards. Because this is my new hobby apparently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdwway wrote:

Nope. Burning is all it's good for. Did not use in another phone. Have reseated it a dozen times.

@sdwway 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

sdwway

@sdwway wrote:

Of the two cards we were able to activate (one yesterday, one today) neither actually has service yet although the numbers have been deactivated from the original account.

@sdwway 

Were you trying to port the number?  You replied YES with the old provider within 90 minutes?  If that involved porting, there is a phone number you can call to confirm the porting status.  I will private message you .  Check the Community inbox, envelop on top right

With the 2 faulty SIM.. just reply CS Agent again and insist for a replacement.  Faulty SIM is rare but not unheard of 

sdwway

So many times my fingertips are raw.

sdwway

My phone is UNLOCKED. Public would not accept that the cards were faulty, anyway they were sent by mail from Public.

sdwway

Yes my phone is locked. The sim cards were sent by mail from Public Mobile.

sdwway

The message said "please enter a valid sim." Public support agent insisted the card was already tied to an account, although it should have been a brand-new card and we are setting up service with Public for the first time. 

In total we received four brand-new Sim cards, of which two somehow belonged to other accounts. It was maddening because the agent kept demanding my account number to resolve the problem, when I DO NOT YET HAVE A PUBLIC MOBILE ACCOUNT NUMBER. Over. And Over. And Over.

Of the two cards we were able to activate (one yesterday, one today) neither actually has service yet although the numbers have been deactivated from the original account.

IF we get them working without too much more grief I will stay with Public and just never attempt to change anything. I don't feel like I'm saving much paying for a service I don't have.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sdwway wrote:

@sdwway  If you have not activated the SIM card yet, you can do that in-store, or online here:https://publicmobile.ca/en/ns/portal/activation

You may also use this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

IF you did activate the SIM and got charged for the activation, then log into your Self Serve account and ensure your status is ACTIVE.

Next, try the SIM card into another compatible Public Mobile phone, reboot the phone with the SIM inside. Do any services work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sdwway 

you can try to test your SIM card in another device to you know the issue from SIM card network or your device issue.

can you try to do troubleshoot your device,

Spoiler

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try to check update your device,

if still can't fix it try to backup and Factory Reset
if you don't know how try to google it,

@XionBunny ..and many of these threads the OPs will not come back, either they solved it themselves,  found out they made silly mistakes or they  gave up on PM completely.. LoL

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

These vague threads always leave me scratching my head, hope you get your issues solved.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sdwway 

burning the SIM won't help.. but provide us more info may...

new activation?  did you try to use the SIM in another phone?  did you try pulling your sim and reseat it?   

what kind of phone do you have? is that a working phone with another provider?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@sdwway wrote:

@sdwway 

We need a bit more info here.

Is that a newly activated SIM ? Did you encounter any issue/errors while activating?

With the SIM in the phone, what error message do you see, if any?

Have you ensured the phone is compatible with PM network? Unlocked? Not blacklisted?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sdwway 

Where did you get your SIM?

Go back to place of purchase but is your phone unlocked?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone unlocked ?  Try removing and reseat the sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.