cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim to esim

Dgg01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I am switching from an old android with physical sim to new iPhone with esim. How can I do this without issue or risk of losing my phone number? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Dgg01   As far as I know the US version of iPhone 13 can do either.  US versions of the 14 & 15 are esim only but Canadian versions still have the sim slot.  For the 13 you should just need to switch the physical sim over unless you particularly want to go the esim route.

Dgg01

Yes I did. Really I didn't know that. Is that for all iphones? The iPhone 13 is what it have im also planning on getting the newest iPhone for another line. Guess I'll have to buy it in canada if that's the case

@Dgg01 The new iPhone has no physical sim slot in them anymore.

Did you get it in the USA?  The US version has esim only, the Canadian iPhone is able to use a physical sim.

@Dgg01 wrote:

The new iPhone has no physical sim slot in them anymore.

@Dgg01 

Then eSIM is your only option.  Follow the instructions with my link to help article.  

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good luck! That will be the biggest (mobile) mistake of your life. eSIM is not transferrable not to mention always some issues with Apple...

Dgg01

The new iPhone has no physical sim slot in them anymore.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dgg01 

If you really want to use eSIM, you will need to download the PM app on your new phone.  Then via the app, purchase the eSIM card.  $5 charge. 

As mentioned, you could just physically move the old SiM card to the new phone.  

Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dgg01 

You can purchase an eSIM through Public Mobile. However, if you already have a working SIM card, I'd just use that. eSIM aren't bad but cause a lot of headaches. 

Need Help? Let's chat.