cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not activated after 12 hours

durraniu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear community,

I activated a new Sim while transferring my virgin mobile prepaid number to public mobile yesterday.

My account was successfully created and it shows my old phone number (as I wanted) on self serve. My credit card was also charged for the plan.

But I am unable to use the Sim even after 12 hours. I am on Android.  The settings show unknown Sim. Do I need to wait more?

5 REPLIES 5

@durraniu wrote:

Thank you! Ìt worked after reinserting the sim and rebooting the phone. I can use my sim now.

Hi @durraniu so nice to hear that your issue has been resolved.  Sometimes, the simplest solution is the correct one.  Cheers!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

durraniu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! Ìt worked after reinserting the sim and rebooting the phone. I can use my sim now.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@durraniu 

You could try network reset also.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.

It does not look like stuck port issue.  With incomplete port, you should be able to dial out and text out.  Not be able to receive any calls or texts.  Is it possible that your phone is locked to another carrier?  

If these suggestions don't work, then likely account provision issue and you will need to contact moderator as described above.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@durraniu wrote:

Dear community,

I activated a new Sim while transferring my virgin mobile prepaid number to public mobile yesterday.

My account was successfully created and it shows my old phone number (as I wanted) on self serve. My credit card was also charged for the plan.

But I am unable to use the Sim even after 12 hours. I am on Android.  The settings show unknown Sim. Do I need to wait more?

Hello @durraniu ,

Remove, and reinsert your SIM; Reboot your phone with your PM SIM card in it.

Do you have any services after doing this?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try putting your Virgin sim back in your phone to see if it works.  If it does then use it until your port is complete.  Once the port is finalized then your Virgin account will be closed.

If you still need further assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.