cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card turning on and off

Emma163
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ever since I switched over and cancelled my old plan, the sim card keeps switching on and off constantly. (E.g It shows full bars then no bars constantly). Meaning I have no access to data, calling, or messaging. I have changed my APN, reset all my networks, followed every page. How do I reset my sim or do anything to fix this and have a working sim??

5 REPLIES 5

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Emma163 wrote:

Any other suggestions?

Methodical troubleshooting.

Observe others using their phones around you. If their Telus/Koodo/Public/Bell/Virgin/Lucky service seems to work fine while yours doesn't then the problem is not the local network.

Try shaking your phone. See if it's some kind of internal hardware problem - faults like a loose antennae or intermittent electrical contact or bad solder point don't have to actually make a loose or rattling noise.

Check your battery when your signal fails. It could be dying - the electrochemistry could be degraded - even when it reports full charge to the software.

@Emma163  You can ask support to refresh your account and see if that helps 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Emma163
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is an esim, and just before switching plans my phone sim was working fine. I don't think it's a device issue and it's also an esim so not sure. Any other suggestions?

@Emma163 wrote:

Ever since I switched over and cancelled my old plan, the sim card keeps switching on and off constantly. (E.g It shows full bars then no bars constantly). Meaning I have no access to data, calling, or messaging. I have changed my APN, reset all my networks, followed every page. How do I reset my sim or do anything to fix this and have a working sim??

This isn't a phone setting issue.  Specifically, APN settings are unrelated to the base conection to the cellular network. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Emma163  Is it a physical SIM card ? If so can you try it in another phone to test ? And possibly if you can try another known to work SIM card from a from family or friend and try it in your phone ? This will help determine if it’s a SIM card / account issue or a device issue 

Need Help? Let's chat.