cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card swap - two phones on PM with seperate PM accounts

ve7rhf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have two cell phones on Public Mobile (two accounts and two cell numbers). I want to swap the sim cards between the two phones. Reason – I have a newer phone, but my older phone has the cell number I use most frequently. I assume this will work – giving my newer phone the number I use a lot and the older phone will end up with the other number – and all of this will happen without jeopardizing the two plans I am currently on - is this correct?

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous 

Please reread the OP's post and adjust your post accordingly. thx

Edit:

Much better. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ve7rhf 

just take your Sim card and insert to another device you like to use,, no need to do anything, your phone number with your account

Edit 

Transfer SIM Card to Another Phone,

how to Copy Contacts .

@ve7rhf 

Yes that will work. I do it myself all the time and had to do it originally when I first joined and my flip phone got a great deal with lots of data and my smartphone managed to squeak in and get the $10 50/50 plan before it was retired. Switched sim cards and called all my friends and family and told them to use my other number as my main number. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ve7rhf   oops.. read wrong.. @dabr  had the correct answer   🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ve7rhf wrote:

I have two cell phones on Public Mobile (two accounts and two cell numbers). I want to swap the sim cards between the two phones. Reason – I have a newer phone, but my older phone has the cell number I use most frequently. I assume this will work – giving my newer phone the number I use a lot and the older phone will end up with the other number – and all of this will happen without jeopardizing the two plans I am currently on - is this correct?

@ve7rhf    Your number is attached to your SIM so if you move the SIM to another phone (as long as it's compatible with Telus network and unlocked) then there will be no problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.