cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card doesn't work

ferass
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my sim card on May 28 and asked for a number transfer (port). It did work for the first day and I received a confirmation from Bell. However, the next day the Public mobile sim card stopped working and now the Bell sim card is receiving calls. The account page on public mobile says that my account is active, now when I insert the Public mobile sim card in the phone it says no sim card. I tried it with an other phone and same problem.

3 REPLIES 3

@ferass 

There seems to be a possible bad batch of sim cards going around. First you must contact ghe moderators to see if your sim card can be reprovisioned. Once they fix your sim card ( if not you may have to purchase a new unactivated one....and save the reciept for reimbursement) you can then have the moderators reintiate your port. You will have to put the bell sim card back into your phone and reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes. You can then put your working pm sim card back in your phone and your port will complete within a few minutes to a max 2 hours.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ferass , you likely received a notification from Bell that required you to respond to it.  Carriers are now requiring customers to agree to number ports from the sending side as part of port fraud protection.  Anyway, this announcement covers what you need to do to complete the number port.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator Team and the are nice service the will 100% help you

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.