cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card detected but no service\phone has been unlocked

skinberger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just went out and bought a public mobile sim card - I activated it, my phone has been unlocked and the sim card is detected but it still states no service - I tried looking into network operations and tried to connect to public mobile and it states "your sim card does not allow a connection to your network" , please help - I have a HTC ONE M9

25 REPLIES 25

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

I spoke with a moderator yesterday - I'm trying to find what my phone number is? where can I find that on my account?

@skinberger after signing into your account, click on the grey "Plan and Add-ons" tab near the top, and your phone number will show just under the orange page title "My Plan & Add-ons".  

Phone Number: XXX-YYY-ZZZZ

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

skinberger

I spoke with a moderator yesterday - I'm trying to find what my phone number is? where can I find that on my account?

wrote:

OK, tell me that in plain english, I'm not savy at the electronics

@Gina911 If you are still stuck click this link and it will bring you to the page where you can create your own topic: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started. Add some more details about your problem. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@skinberger you should contact the moderator team to check your account.  As @will13am noted, just because it shows Active, does not necessarily mean there was not a glitch in the activation process that's preventing the network from authorizing your SIM.

You should follow these steps to contact them:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

skinberger

so I checked that website and this is what I get Your device HAS NOT been reported lost or stolen and is not currently on the national blacklist.

Now if this cant get figured out - Would I be getting a refund because I paid for 30 days? Im not sure what else to try

srlawren

@will13am that wasn't necessary, it was no big deal.  Just kind of amusing 🙂  Hey, immitation is the highest form of flattery, #amiright?!?  Robot LOL

wrote:

@will13am didn't I just say that?  LOL  😉

Lol, I wasn't paying close attention.  I deleted my post now.  Smiley Happy

srlawren

@will13am didn't I just say that?  LOL  😉

srlawren

@skinberger Bell and Telus share a network, so if it was compatible with Bell and not locked to Bell and not blacklisted, it would definitely work on Public Mobile.  I think that since you reported it stolen previously, this is definitely the most likely scenario. Have you tried entering your IMEI to check on this site?  https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/.    

skinberger

ive tried all possible ways to help with connecting the network , it all tells me the same , I was with bell before - when checking my IMEI It does say this "Your device should work on our Network.
Your device has been reported as lost or stolen"

So im wodering if thats the problem - this phone was reported lost by me, but then I found it as contacted bell to unlock it, everything on there end was fine 

srlawren

@skinberger that error message makes me think you may have previously set your phone to manual network selection and manually selected some other network?  Could you check if your network selection is set to auto or manual?  If manual, please set to auto and let us know if that helps.  

If it doesn't help or was already on auto: what provider did you last use the phone with?

yyolaw

Check if your phone works on the public network on this first:

https://willmyphonework.net/

Gina911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK, tell me that in plain english, I'm not savy at the electronics

wrote:

I resetted the network settings and tried to connect to public mobile but no success

It's time to send a private message to the moderator team and have them check to make sure there's nothing wrong with the account.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

skinberger

I resetted the network settings and tried to connect to public mobile but no success

wrote:

I also purchased a sim card. My phone number was transferred from my other service, but my phone still says no service

@Gina911, could you start a new thread.  This way people won't confuse your issue with someone else.  Since your activation included a number port, the more likely issue is account related.  Have you checked that your account is in active status?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

On the HTC M9, I think there's a network reset feature in the backup and reset menu under settings.  Give that a try.

Gina911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I also purchased a sim card. My phone number was transferred from my other service, but my phone still says no service

skinberger

My account is in Active status , I dont know what to do next -  I dont want to have to go back out and buy a new one...i figured this would be simple haha

wrote:

How would i be able to find out of it is sim locked or not?

I did some searching, the message you would get in a SIM locked phone would be different.  Most likely it's an account problem.

skinberger

How would i be able to find out of it is sim locked or not?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could the phone be SIM locked?  Perhaps the activation was not totally successful.  Take a look at the account and make sure it's in active status.  

skinberger

i dont have another phone to try it in

mimmo

If you have another phone try the sim in that. This will isolate phone vs account issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.