cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card broken but can't login to activate it due to needing Sim card working

Renaudr44444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't believe this is actually happening.

My sim card is broken so I ordered a new one, but to activate it I need to login to my account (my real one not this one), which ask me to enter a number that is sent to my phone, which cannot receive number due to broken sim card.

I'm trying to contact customer service but apparently public just discontinued that (the email telling me how to activate the sim card says I can contact a customer support agent using a link, which just bring me to a broken link). The chatbot is completely useless and just tell me to submit a ticket by login in to my account... which I cannot.

Am I missing something obvious or is the idea of a broken SIM really some kind of blindspot that not a single person at public/Telus ever thought about and I'm now completely screwed up?

5 REPLIES 5

@Renaudr44444   You only need to be logged in to this community to send a private message to support via the link a couple of people already gave you.  This by-passes the chatbot, you just have to watch for a reply in your community private message inbox, either indicated by an envelope icon top right, or by clicking on your avatar and selecting "messages".

Renaudr44444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hairbag1

Can't login so can't do that

@JRod

There's no such option, I can only ask for them to resend it by either text or voice mail, both of which require a working sim card.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Renaudr44444 

if need be, here's a link to message the CSA group as the chatbot is non-functional.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once you get a new sim, you can change your sim number yourself.

simmm.jpg

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Renaudr44444 

Once you get a new SIM card, you should be able to login to your account by hitting the “Didn’t receive code” option. You will then be able to select to receive the code via email so you can access your account.

IMG_4554.png

I would also second the recommendation to grab a SIM from Amazon or a Telus Corporate store instead of directly from PM.

If you still wish to contact customer service you can do so:

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Renaudr44444 

You can pick up a new SIM card from a Telus store but call a head first to make sure they have one. Or you can purchase off of Amazon if you have next day shipping. If you ordered directly from PM, it will take 3-4 weeks.

Need Help? Let's chat.